Egg Curry Mughlai Style – One of my hubby’s favorite dish Egg Curry Mughlai Style by the way he loves any egg curry which is delicious and tempting. Every week I try a different type of curry. We quite liked the aroma, flavor and taste of this curry. I am sure you guys would love them too ;
This was lying in my draft for quite some time. Mostly I note down my recipes but this one I am just trying to remember. I trust my memory so I am sure I will give the exact ingredients ha ha. My mom is here so I am gonna make my favorite dish modak tomorrow. My mouth is watering already.
Infact today we had chinese fried rice, boiled eggs and I had some french fries too. Evening some corn fritters and tea. Night time Goan Prawns Masala and some veggies. I feel like baking right now but I am sharing so I will make cake later. Mostly curry leaves aren’t used in Mughlai Cuisine however I have used some so its optional.
Egg Curry Mughlai style recipe card below:
- 3 tbsp oil/clarified butter ( I used clarified butter)
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes chopped into medium size
- 2 tbsp melon seed
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 8 to 10 cashew nuts
- 8 to 10 almonds
- 1 tbsp poppy seed (khus khus)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed (optional)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- a pinch of turmeric
- 8 curry leaves (optional)
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tbsp caraway seed
- 1.5 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp biryani masala
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup water Or as consistency required
- salt as per taste
- Firstly boil eggs and keep aside. If you wanna know how to boil eggs perfectly click here http://www.flavorsofmumbai.com/how-to-boil-eggs-perfectly-everytime/. Add little ghee/ oil saute chopped onion for 5 to 6 mins until dark brown in color but don’t burn them. Now add ginger-garlic paste, melon seed, cashews, poppy seed, almond, sunflower seed (if using), desiccated coconut, fennel seed, cumin seed, green chilies and curry leaves to it and saute for 2 to 3 mins. Grind the roasted mixture into a processor until smooth paste is formed. Add little water if required.
- Shallow fry eggs in oil Or clarified butter until light golden brown. Place fried eggs aside. In same oil shallow fry potatoes until crisp and golden brown in color. Place fried potatoes on absorbent paper. Take same oil and place it an kadai Or vessel on medium heat.
- Once oil/ghee is hot add caraway seed and cinnamon stick. Saute for a minute. Now add the grounded paste. Saute for 2 to 3 mins. Reduce the flame and keep stirring else the paste might stick to the bottom. Add little water if paste sticking to bottom.
- Add turmeric, garam masala, biryani masala powder. Give nice stir to it. Now add fried potatoes and fried eggs. Also add salt for seasoning and alter spices as required. Cover and simmer for 5 mins. Switch off the gas. Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot with rice.
Add red chili powder if need more spice. Also you could add more garam masala powder if require more hot and flavor.
Ensure the onions are fried nicely before grinding them for a better flavored curry.