I have made basic eggless vanilla cake recipe many a times, love each time I bake a vanilla cake be it with eggs or eggless. Eggless Vanilla Cake is spongy, soft and yum. Who says cakes won’t rise well without Eggs ? You need to use a good replacement and self raising flour… and your egg less cakes will be as good as cake with eggs. Just like my Eggless Vanilla Cake 🙂
I love baking cakes and this happens to me my old post which I have re-worked again. This post would be beneficial for first time bakers and bachelors. I have used condensed milk instead of eggs and also made use of hot water with baking soda. Instead of water you could use vinegar too.
Instead of condensed milk you could use milk, soy milk or vegan milk. I make self raising flour at home don’t prefer purchasing from out. If you are using ready-made self raising flour then please don’t add salt or cornflour.
Many eggless cakes of mine are made with yogurt, vinegar or flax-seed paste or even milk at times. I have also made a chart sheet for replacement of eggs here is the link if you wish to check. At the last stage if you add vinegar or lime juice which helps in the cake rising process specially in case of eggless cakes.
If you are looking for mored eggless and vegan cakes then do check red wine chocolate cake, mango cake, tresleches cake, christmas fruit cake, cardamom cake, baath cake and craisins cake.
Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe printable version below:
- 150 gm refined flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour or corn flour
- 1 t/s baking powder
- 1 t/s salt
- 175 gm sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp sugar or as required
- ¼ th cup hot water + 1 t/s baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or essence (I used pure vanilla extract)
- 100 gm melted butter ( I have used unsalted butter (white butter)
- Firstly take a round pan of any shape you desire. I recommend round mould. Grease generously with butter or olive oil. Dust some flour on it and place a parchment paper at the bottom. Pre heat the oven at 200°C exactly fifteen mins before baking.
- Sift all dry ingredients together on one bowl (flour, rice flour or corn flour, salt and baking powder).
- Beat sugar with butter until soft and fluffy. Add the condensed milk along with vanilla extract or essence.
- You could use an electric beater or beat manually. Once the liquid is mixed well.
- Fold sifted flour gradually into batches of three.
- Lastly mix hot boiling water or vinegar with baking soda. Pour this mixture immediately into the cake batter.
- Mix all nicely now pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake first at 180°C for 10 mins then reduce the temperature to 160°C and bake for more 15 mins or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Also you would notice the cake is springy to touch on top. Allow the cake to cool down completely.
- Give a tap and invert the cake gently. Remove the parchment paper.
- Apply jam or just dust with some icing sugar over top. I have used strawberry glaze for my cake.
- Slice and serve the eggless vanilla cake hot or warm.
2. Also this cake has to be baked soon else it won't rise if baked much later.
Maria what can be used instead of condensed milk?
Honey you could use milk or cream instead but add powdered sugar accordingly. Hope this help’s you thanks.
Your 150 grams is how much ml? And ur cakes are so inviting..
It would be app 150 ml hope this help’s you and thankyou.
Hi, I liked your site. Content is crisp with good logical points.I am not very good in cooking but now i am trying some recipes for my husband.I tried above recipe with proper measurements. It turned out well except the cake is salty.
Can you tell me why salt is required in cake and why it is salty even though i am sure you must have used the same recipe and results must be different from mine.
Daal I add salt as it helps in making a raising flour. If self raising flour is available in your location then no need to use salt. It has to be only 1 t/s of salt. All the best Daal and keep writing me for more feedback and queries. Thankyou for coming here hope to see you becoming an ace cook one day.