Easy, delicious Eggless Mango Cake Recipe! This is easy to make eggless mango cake recipe, no butter, has yogurt and quite simple to make. I was longing to bake a mango cake from a long time. So day before I made this delicious dessert along with modak. I love making eggless desserts as they are fun to bake and quite challenging.
Baking for me is as good as a miracle. As you don’t know how your baked goodies will turn out. I faced a tough time baking the cake as several times there were electric fluctuations. So I assumed my modest cake in the oven might sink from the bottom. b
You could substitute any fruit with mango. I have used home-made fresh mango pulp from my freezer. You could use peach pulp, pumpkin pulp, banana pulp, orange pulp etc. Chocolate lovers could use melted chocolate instead of mangoes.
My hubby who is not so big fan of desserts loved this cake and told me it is delicious cake. This dish doesn’t require any occasion just bake them any time you get cravings for dessert. I just bake cakes whenever I feel like.
Due to the pleasant weather in Pune one gets hunger pangs and carvings to eat hot desserts, savories actually anything which is hot, tasty and filling. Eggless Mango Cake is soft, spongy, delectable, low fat and spongy cake.
Eggless cakes are much easier to make as you don’t have eggs to beat. You don’t have to separate egg yolks and whites. It’s less time consuming and convenient to make. Only one disadvantage of eggless cakes are you got to bake the batter immediately. Else the cake won’t rise and have better result. So secret for eggless cakes as soon as you make the batter bake them.
Eggless Mango Cake recipe details listed below:
- 275 gms flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour Or corn meal
- 1 t/s salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 gms yogurt
- 70 gms fresh mango pulp Or tinned mango pulp
- 110 ml oil (I used sunflower oil you could use olive oil)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 180 gms organic sugar/ granulated sugar/ caster sugar (I used organic sugar)
- 1 tbsp vinegar (sirka)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- some icing sugar Or caster sugar for dusting over the cake (optional)
- Preheat oven at 170°C for exactly ten mins before baking. Grease the heart shaped pan or any pan you desire with oil. Dust some flour over it and remove if any excess flour.
- If you are using fresh mangoes for this recipe then discard the skin and grind the chopped mangoes into smooth puree.
- Sift all dry ingredients flour, baking powder, salt and corn meal.
- Place it aside. Take a mixing bowl combine sugar and oil. Beat on a high speed until light and fluffy.
- Pour yogurt and beat again until they blend well.
- It’s time to add mango pulp and beat again until they mix well.
- Fold the sifted flour into batches of three. Do this manually don’t use beater. Fold the flour gently. Put the essence and fold again.
- Lastly take vinegar into a cup add baking soda. It will make a hissing sound just stir. Now pour this over the cake batter and fold gently.
- Bake this at 170°C for 30 mins Or until skewer comes out clean from the bottom center of the cake. If the skewer is moist bake for some more time.
- Allow to cool and unmould the pan gently on a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar all over the cake. Decorate with fruits Or cherries.
- I like my cake simple way.
- [b]Serve the Eggless Mango Cake chilled or warm.[/b]