Easy Eggless Sandwich Cookies Recipe! they are filled with mango chocolate, cream and white chocolate. Just loved their taste melted in the mouth with a burst of flavors coming from the crispiness of the cookies and creaminess from the mango flavor. I am looking forward to make more such sandwich filled cookies. Atleast they are much better than the ones you get outside…As you are aware what have you added in them right 🙂
You could use dark chocolate, white chocolate, orange cooking chocolate or mango cooking chocolate for the filling. I have used chocolate as it’s less work for me then make a butter cream filling or any other filling. Just melt the chocolate with some cream, allow to cool and the filling is ready.
Also no fancy equipment required just spread the filling with a spoon or paper cone. I have just added them with the help of a small spoon. I haven’t put any step by step as was short of time. But you could check eggless jam filled cookies for the step by step details. The recipe is more or less the same except the filling part and few spices.
I have given them a round shape with cookie cutter. You could give any desired shape like a star, leaf, heart or anyone you like. Allow the cookies to cool down before placing the filling. Also once you place the filling keep them apart from each other so that they don’t get messed up.
I am enjoying my hot cup of tea with these sandwich cookies and some eggless butter cake. Too much of calories it’s fine I am quite lean anyways and also exercise 😉 So next time you have a kids part you could make these as a surprise for them I am sure they would be happy… so the guests 😉
Eggless Sandwich Cookies Recipe below:
- 300 gm maida (refined flour)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- a pinch of nutmeg powder
- 125 gm powdered sugar
- 100 gm butter which is cold and chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp milkpowder
- For the filling:
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cooking mango chocolate or few drops of yellow color
- cookie cutter
- baking tray
- Sift all the dry ingredients and spice powder into a mixing bowl.
- Make a small well in the sifted flour add milk. Mix well and they would appear like bread crumbs.
- Time to add chilled butter.
- Knead the dough until soft and smooth.
- Place the dough wrapped in a cling film into the freezer for 10-12 mins. Remove the dough shape into a big ball, dust some flour.
- Roll with a roller until evenly flat. Shape with a cookie cutter to shape.
- Now make even number of cookies to get your math and number of cookies right.
- Place them over the greased tray or dish leaving some space apart to rise.
- Preheat the oven for fifteen mins before baking. Bake at 170ºC for 17-18 mins or until edges are light brown or baked.
- Allow the cookies to cool now.
- In the meanwhile take a pan mix all the ingredients for the filling. Place on low heat keep stirring the mixture until they are all dissolved. Ensure you don't burn the white chocolate.
- Allow the mixture to cool down. You could refrigerate them if you want. Take spoonful of this mixture and place over cookies. If you have made 20 cookies then place over 10 cookies. Now gently cover with other cookie pressing gently so that the mixture spreads across.
- Repeat the same with the rest of cookies. Serve you eggless sandwich cookies with your favorite tea or coffee.
2. You could store this dough in the freezer then thaw an hour before making cookies.
3. You could use any chocolate for the filling but chocolate.