Fried Lobster Recipe a quick, easy and tempting finger snack. All you require are eight ingredients easily found in your kitchen pantry. Make a red paste marinate the lobsters or prawns and shallow fry them. I have used rice flour and sesame seed to coat the lobsters for the crunchy exterior.
If you don’t have lobsters don’t worry use prawns or any fleshy fish instead. Vegans could use tofu and vegetarians could use paneer, potatoes or mushrooms. I usually make this red chilli paste in advance and store them in the fridge or freezer for longer use. You could use this paste to marinate chicken, fish etc or in any red sauce or gravies.
If you are using lobsters then you could leave their head or skin on but ensure you remove the black thread from them. As that could lead to indigestion. I have used vinegar but you could use lime juice instead.
Dry Kashmiri red chilies imparts a deep red-orange color. However for any reason it’s not available then use bedgi red chilies or you could use kashmiri red chili powder alternatively. I love kashmiri chilies as it not only gives a deep color also not very heavily spiced as other kind of red chilies.
We love sea-food and keep making new dishes every day. That’s how I come up with so many new dishes 😉
For now let’s make step by step Fried Lobster Recipe:
1. Soak the red chilies and garlic in vinegar for 20 mins. Grind to a smooth paste. Wash the lobsters discard the water. Put turmeric powder.
2. Add the red paste along with pepper powder and salt. Rub the paste nicely over the lobsters. Marinate for 20-30 mins.
3. Spread rice flour and sesame seed over a dish. Coat the marinated lobsters with the dry mixture.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry the coated prawns until golden brown from both the sides.
5. Serve the shallow hot fried lobster’s with naan, roti or as a starter along with lemon wedges and chutney.
Fried Lobster Recipe below:
- 7-8 dry red kashmiri chilies
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp vinegar or lime juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 7-8 lobsters or tiger prawns de-veined
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp white sesame seed
- salt as per taste
- Soak the red chilies and garlic in vinegar for 20 mins. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Wash the lobsters discard the water.
- Put turmeric powder.
- Add the red paste along with pepper powder and salt.
- Rub the paste nicely over the lobsters.
- Marinate for 20-30 mins. Spread rice flour and sesame seed over a dish. Coat the marinated lobsters with the dry mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry the coated prawns until golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve the shallow hot fried lobster's with naan, roti or as a starter along with lemon wedges and chutney.