Hot Coconut Milk Cake turned out to be soft, crunchy, nutty and scrumptious cake 🙂 I am quite overwhelmed and happy to share this Hot Coconut Milk Cake recipe with all of you! I made this Hot Coconut Milk Cake to distribute as offering on the occasion of rosary. To be honest all the people who ate this cake were telling my mom its awesome and lovely. So this time I ain’t boasting about my Hot Coconut Milk Cake but genuine compliments. I wasn’t present there nor I had a chance to taste the cake. I made this cake with lots of love and faith hence the Hot Coconut Milk Cake turned out delicious.
I believe whatever you do cooking, painting, travelling…. do it with full faith, passion, vigour and love you will zapped with it’s outcome ;)………………….. This is my belief that one day I will be very famous and rich lols… most of us desire to be right!
One of my acquaintance brought for us lot of coconuts. So I thought of making lot of desserts rather different kind of cakes from coconut milk. I made Hot Coconut Milk Cake, Chocolate Coconut Cake, Coconut Marble Cake…. Coming days will come up with more unique recipes and my creations.
The worst part is I couldn’t click more snaps and better photos. I will surely try making this cake again with better pics.
Hot Coconut Milk Cake recipe details and the printable version below:
- 2.5 cups thick coconut milk
- 75 gms desiccated grated coconut
- ½ cup milk powder
- 4 tbsp vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups castor sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 5 tbsp corn flour
- 10 to 12 almonds crushed
- 4 tbsp candies
- 8 to 10 raisins
- Preheat oven at 180°C exactly 10 mins before baking. Grease the pan with olive oil Or butter just at the bottom not at the sides. Place a butter paper Or parchment paper at the bottom.
- Sift flour, corn flour, salt, vanilla powder baking powder. Keep it aside.
- Take thick coconut milk in a wok Or vessel. Place on low heat for about 3 to 4 mins. Don't keep it for too long.
- Now add desiccated coconut into hot coconut milk. Leave it for 2 mins let the dry coconut absorb hot milk.
- In the meanwhile cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until all combines well.
- Add warm coconut milk mixture. Now beat this mixture for 3 to 4 mins on medium speed. Just ensure the mixture is not warm else your egg will start cooking 😉
- Mix dry with wet ingredients. Fold the mixture nicely.
- Lastly add crushed dry fruits, vanilla essence and candies.
- Bake at 180°C for about 40 to 45 mins Or until it starts leaving the edges of pan Or until skewer comes out clean.
- Dust some icing sugar on the top before serving.
You could use wheat flour instead of refined flour.
Skip nuts if you wish to.