Today I will share the recipe of Boondi Raita that too a crispy Boondi Raita. Now what is Boondi Raita. Boondi is made from chickpea flour which is made into batter and then deep fried into tiny balls. Boondis look like yellow pearls. Raita is a popular dish across India mostly in the Northern region. Boondi Raita is a traditional Indian condiment made mainly from Yogurt. Raita is generally accompanied with biryani, pulao and parathas.
In India there are varieties of Raita prepared. Some of them are tomato onion raita, pineapple raita, cucumber raita, pumpkin raita, potato raita, fruit raita, boondi raita etc. Be it any Raita it tastes great when served with love and great food. I love raitas in any form. Also Raitas are low fat as it’s made from yogurt.
Boondi raita recipe is quite easy to make. Boondi can be purchased from Indian store. In India it’s easily available also some people make them home. But I have bought them from a store to save time. Now mainly the boondis are soaked in water for sometime until it swells and the oil releases into water. However I love boondis when they are crispy and not soft. So I have made the raita and topped with boondis just before serving them. This way the boondis stay crispy and gives you a nice crunch while eating raita. However you could follow the usual way of adding boondis to the raita too.
Moreover yogurt is low fat, loaded with vitamins and has the good bacteria which aids in digestion. So don’t wait make this raita it’s good for you 🙂
Boondi Raita recipe below:
- 150 gms yogurt
- 1 tbsp fennel seed powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cumin seed powder
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- black salt as per taste
- 3 to 4 chopped mint leaves
- few chopped coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp boondi (fried gram flour balls)
- Combine all the ingredients except boondi into a mixing bowl. Give a nice whisk until all are incorporated well.
- Check the taste add salt for seasoning and chili for spice if required.
- Place them in the fridge to chill. Just before serving top the raita with boondis. Serve them with biryani, pulao Or parathas.