Heavy rains are pouring and what could be better than a healthy hearty hot Chicken Soup?
Today I am sharing How to make Chicken Soup from scratch. Usually people add chicken stock and many other ingredients which common people are not familiar with. Hence I thought of coming up with an easy chicken soup made with scratch all at home.
It’s great to have soups which is healthy, retains fluids in body and is great to have anytime of the year. Especially in monsoon and winter we enjoy soup and they can be great for keeping cold, cough etc at bay. Any kind of soup made at home is easy to digest, nutritious and builds immunity in your body.
I prefer to make soups at home than make from ready made soup packets. As I am not sure what class of ingredients and preservatives are used to make those soups. I always believe put some effort to get good food. So don’t be lazy make soups at home they are easy and also healthy.
Guess I am on mantra of eating good food , good health, good life, good money etc. So I want to inspire my readers also to be positive, healthy and eat good food ;)…….. I love rains and also the puddles probably I am a water person. Anyways moving to the recipe
Steam , pressure cook Or boil bottle-gourd and carrots until tender. Boil sweetcorn separately until tender. Chop bottle-gourd and carrots into chunks and grind them with a cup of water.
Strain and sieve the mixture on a mesh strainer.
Take a pan add butter Or oil. Saute chopped garlic for 30 secs.
Add boiled corn and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
It’s time to add the strained mixture with water as per consistency required.
You could use any remains of chicken skin, breast piece, leg piece for the soup. I have used boneless chicken pieces which I have microwaved in oven. You could pressure cook Or steam it until tender. Chop Or shred them into tiny pieces. Tip for How to make Chicken Soup from scratch:
Notes for Chicken Soup:
- You could use pumpkin or any other vegetable alternatively you could use vegetable stock directly for this soup.
- I have used chicken you could use cottage cheese, tofu, crabs, sea food etc.
- I love flavor of basil leaves you could use oregano leaves, dried herbs etc for the soup.
- I have used about 2 to 3 cups of water add water as per consistency required.
- You could use any remains of chicken skin, breast piece, leg piece for the soup.
How to make Chicken Soup from scratch recipe details listed below:
- 1 tbsp butter Or olive oil
- 8 to 9 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 bottlegourd
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup boiled sweetcorn
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup boiled shredded chicken
- 6 to 7 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- salt as per taste
- Steam Or boil bottle-gourd and carrots until tender. Boil sweetcorn separately until tender. Chop bottle-gourd and carrots into chunks and grind them with a cup of water.
- Strain and sieve the mixture on a mesh strainer.
- Take a pan add butter Or oil. Saute chopped garlic for 30 secs.
- Add boiled corn and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- It’s time to add the strained mixture with water as per consistency required.
- Finally add boiled shredded chicken pieces along with basil leaves, salt and pepper powder. Cook until soup thickens slightly. Serve soup hot with croutons, garlic bread Or toast.
By the ways what’s your favorite soup mine is chicken clear soup