Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes!
We always have mashed potatoes so adding cauliflower is a great combination. Cauliflower makes the dish more creamy, yummy and healthy. This is a vegan version of Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Try at home it’s most easiest recipe on earth even beginners can try them. We loved this at home along with some homemade french fries, basil garlic sticks and pasta with white sauce.
My mouth is salivating writing about this I love such kind of food. It’s easy plus tasty and everyone likes them back home. Mashed potatoes are great to make home I never buy them from outside. My hubby loves mashed potatoes, french fries, burgers and dinner rolls with butter.
Today I am going completely desi making rajma chawal and Indian chicken fry. As hubby isn’t fond of rajma so to pacify him making chicken fry. I love rajma chawal with some butter Or cream on it. Also will make some salad.
Coming back to Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. You could make them for more healthy by adding some chives, herbs like basil, coriander, cilantro, rosemary etc. Instead of adding butter try adding olive oil which would be low fat and give a nice flavor. I haven’t added garlic but you could add some roasted Or burnt garlic which would leave a nice flavor again.
The list is endless use your own creativity to make simple dish to a creative and healthy one. Also spices like red chili flakes, oregano, pepper, paprika etc could be added. I have added pepper powder as I love pepper. To further make it green have added some finely chopped chives, chopped basil leaves and dried rosemary.
How to make Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes recipe and printable version below:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sized cauliflower head (cleaned and chopped into florets)
- 3 potatoes (peeled and boiled)
- 1 t/s dried herbs (optional) I used dried rosemary
- 5 to 6 basil leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 1 tbsp black pepper Or as per taste
- salt as per taste
- Steam Or boil cauliflower and potatoes until they are tender.
- Peel potatoes add boiled cauliflower and potatoes into a grinder / processor. Just grind for a minute until they are smooth puree. Please don't over grind them else they might get mushy.
- Remove the mashed puree into a mixing bowl add pepper, salt, dried herbs, chopped chives and chopped basil leaves.
- Mix all nicely and remove into a serving bowl.
- Make a small well with a spoon our olive oil.
- Serve the mashed cauliflower potatoes with sizzler , steak, french fries Or pasta.
Add herbs and spices of your choice.
Praveen Kumar says
This is new. I have had mashed potatoes in many places but never with cauliflower.
While i am not great fan of cauliflower, i might make this to see how it tastes.
Surely Praveen do try them I bet you won’t be able to taste cauliflower in it 🙂