How to make Chocolate Coconut Cake recipe?- Chocolate+Coconut+Cocoa=Chocolate Coconut Cake…. its a burst of flavors in your mouth. The coconut milk gives subtle taste, coffee gives strong flavor, chocolate gives antioxidants.
I can’t keep away from chocolate so came up with this chocolate-coconut combination. Also I have frosted this cake. The cake has a dense texture and looks quite tempting. My last take on coconut was Hot Coconut Milk Cake…. Hmmm yummy!
It’s getting quite hot in here. Just waiting for winter season now…….awaiting the chills. I love winter and rains and hate summer. Because it gets quite humid and sweaty out here.
Let me not drift you away from this chocolatey cake. I love to experiment with flavors hence came up with this fusion. hope you guys would like them 🙂
Chocolate Coconut Cake recipe card below:
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 6 tbsp chocolate paste
- 2 cups flour / whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 4 tbsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence/ vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cup thick coconut milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil/butter
- 2 tbsp expresso coffee
- 1 cup castor sugar/ brown sugar
- 8 to 10 crushed cashews
- Preheat oven at 180°C exactly 10 mins before baking. Grease the pan with olive oil Or butter just at the bottom not at the sides. Place a butter paper Or parchment paper at the bottom.
- Sift flour, corn flour, salt, milk powder, vanilla powder baking powder. Keep it aside.
- Take thick coconut milk in a wok Or vessel. Place on low heat for about 3 to 4 mins. Don’t keep it for too long.
- Now mix coffee, cocoa powder, chocolate paste. Stir well with a spatula until all blends nicely. Keep this mixture aside. Reserve about 3 tbsp mixture for the cake icing.
- In the meanwhile cream olive oil / butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until all combines well.
- Add warm coffee-cocoa-coconut milk mixture. Now beat this mixture for 3 to 4 mins on medium speed. Just ensure the mixture is not warm else your egg will start cooking
- Mix dry with wet ingredients. Fold the mixture nicely.
- Lastly add crushed cashewnuts, vanilla essence.
- Bake at 180°C for about 40 to 45 mins Or until it starts leaving the edges of pan Or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool. Spread the reserved cocoa-coffee-coconut milk mixture on the cake. Chill in the fridge. Serve chilled on a platter with a dollop of icecream.
2. If coconut milk not available you could use cows milk. But the cake wouldn’t be as dense as coconut cake.Skip nuts if you wish to.
3.Skip nuts if you wish to.
Wow this looks incredible, what a great dessert! 🙂
Another stunning and tasty post. Chocolate is definitely a friend to coconut and this cake proves that point quite well. Yum-I look forward to more coconutty posts!
thanks again have already updated with another coconut special ..Coconut Marble Cake….. :)……… here is the link to it…http://www.flavorsofmumbai.com/elegant-coconut-marble-cake-recipe/