Masala Chaas recipe – a summer coolant drink or appetizer also happens to be one of Mumbai’s top street food. You would get this drink available everywhere even in restaurants, joints and even five star hotel or motel in Mumbai.
I am in love with the masala chaas you get in Garden Vada pav Centre Pune. Also if you happen to be there please do try their vada pavs they are equally good. I never miss my vada pav plus chaas from there.
You don’t need a season to drink buttermilk. It’s great to have them anytime of the year. This drink aids digestion and is a great appetizer. In ayurveda drinking chaas shows great benefits to human body. So don’t wait make a glass for yourself.
Mostly chaas is thinner consistency but make as per your liking. I love the diluted one and not thick ones. In our house its made and drunk by me as hubby doesn’t like much of dairy products. Make a variety of chaas at home even make sweet chaas would post that recipe also soon.
Masala Chaas recipe card below:
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup to 1 cup water or as required
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seed
- 1-2 green chilies chopped finely
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped finely or grated ginger
- ¼th cup coriander leaves chopped finely
- 10-12 mint leaves chopped finely
- 1 tsp chat masala
- black salt or salt as required
- 2 tbsp savory boondi (bengal gram fried yellow pearls) optional
- few ice cubes
- Firstly combine roasted cumin, ginger, chili, coriander leaves and mint leaves in the grinder.
- Grind for 30 secs then add yogurt, water, ice cubes, black salt and chat masala. Grind again until all is combine well.
- Pour into glasses or earthen wares. Check the seasoning of anything missing then don't worry sprinkle some from top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, mint leaves and khara boondi on top. Serve your masala chaas chilled.
2. Also remember chaas always tastes best when chilled.