Lemon Iced Tea Recipe with step by step photos. Lemon Iced Tea Recipe is an ideal thirst quencher with loads of lime and antioxidants in it. Whenever we go to restaurants always order iced tea mostly peach flavored or lemon flavored. The good news is you could make the iced tea syrup at home just like any sherbet or squash.
The basic iced tea recipe stays the same only the flavor changes. You could add lime juice, mango juice, berry juice, peach juice etc to make your favorite iced tea. However I don’t mind a punch of lemon in all my fruit flavored iced tea. I have made two big bottles of the iced tea syrup as hubby loves them and keep demanding them. Also this is my own tried and tested recipe. I always make them during summers wonder what took me so long to post.
Previously we used to purchase iced tea powder which is good but has a lot of sugar content. So making them home you could regulate and control sugar as per your preference. Also home-made drinks are any day better than the store bought ones. Mostly in India hot chai (tea) is preferred then cold iced tea. Many kind of tea like masala chai, cardamom tea, cutting chai, mint chai etc are consumed by us. But to beat the summer what could be better than iced tea.
I have stored my syrup in fridge and drink them regularly as lime gives vitamin C and tea antioxidants. So it becomes a refreshing drink. The only challenge for iced tea is it has to served chilled else the taste and flavor won’t come out. So if you are allergic to ice then just chill them in the fridge and drink. The best part of iced tea is you could also sip them during your fasting days 🙂
You could make this with green tea or black tea. I have used regular black tea which we make hot tea at home. Green tea would be lighter in flavor so use accordingly. Also black tea yields a darker shade of color to your iced tea. Also you could use lime or lemons for this recipe. If using limes then use about 7-8 if using lemons then about 3-4.
How to make lemon iced tea recipe:
1. Firstly mix sugar with 1 litre water and place on low heat.
2. Squeeze lemon or lime juice with your finger or squeezer. Keep stirring until sugar dissolves. Switch off the gas once everything is mixed well don’t overcook the mixture.
3. Now strain the mixture on a colander. Place the syrup aside allowing to cool.
4. Meanwhile place 350 ml of water on heat. Once it reaches the stage of boiling and bubbling add the black or green tea. Switch off the gas, cover and place aside for 7-8 mins.
5. Strain this mixture and mix with the lime-sugar syrup. I don’t have a pic for this one.
6. Allow to cool first then store them in bottles.
7. Place in the fridge then serve two tbsp of iced tea syrup with 1 cup water. Top with ice, lemon wedges and mint leaves. Serve your lemon iced tea chilled that’s how it would taste the best.
If you are looking for more drinks then do check cold coffee, chocolate milkshake, hot chocolate milkshake, nimbu pani, mango squash, sweet lime soda and chai.
Lemon Iced Tea recipe card below:
- 1 liter of water + 350 ml water
- 1 tbsp black tea or 2 sachets of black tea
- 950 gms of sugar ( I used organic sugar)
- 7-8 lime juice or 3-4 lemon juice
- few mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- few lemon / lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- some ice cubes
- Firstly mix sugar with 1 litre water and place on low heat.
- Squeeze lemon or lime juice with your finger or squeezer. Keep stirring until sugar dissolves. Switch off the gas once everything is mixed well don’t overcook the mixture.
- Now strain the mixture on a colander. Place the syrup aside allowing to cool.
- Meanwhile place 350 ml of water on heat. Once it reaches the stage of boiling and bubbling add the black or green tea. Switch off the gas, cover and place aside for 7-8 mins.
- Strain this mixture and mix with the lime-sugar syrup. I don't have a pic for this one.
- Allow to cool first then store them in bottles.
- Place in the fridge then serve two tbsp of iced tea syrup with 1 cup water. Top with ice, lemon wedges and mint leaves. Serve your lemon iced tea chilled that's how it would taste the best.
2. Serve your iced tea chilled tastes the best when chilled.
3. Store your iced tea in bottles and place in the fridge.
4. You could use any fruit flavor or syrup for flavoring your iced tea.
Hi, by two sachets of black tea you mean two tea bags?
Yes 2 sachets of tea bags Dakshee.
I have a lemon ice tea syrup how can i use it ! Can u pls help me out wit ths !!
Subash take a tablespoon of lemon ice tea syrup and stir in 1 cup chilled water. Hope this information helps you enjoy!
Mansi mitto says
I made this drink. It’s really taste better then outside and store bought mix. I just reduce sugar levels or else was perfect.
Thanks for the beautiful and healthy recipe.
Pleased to know this Mansi, glad you liked the lemon iced tea. Yes sugar you can adjust as per your preference. Thanks for positive and kind words 🙂
Can I use honey instead of sugar
Zak you can use honey instead of sugar.
How can I store lemon tea for long time and can I make its hot version.
You could store the lemon tea in the freezer for a longer time and in the fridge for a week. Yes you could make its hotter version by adding lemon juice in hot water and stir sugar. Hope this information helps you Sumit thanks.
Your blog is impressive, thanks to the quality of your recipes & other content. We would be glad if you would participate on Contestchef so that your quality recipes can contest with other such bloggers/ recipe creators and win accolades from various players in the global food industry.
Contestchef is a global forum for food/ recipe bloggers to showcase their skills to the world. This is a one of a kind concept and backed by food conglomerates around the world. Several recipe creators/bloggers are already contesting on Contestchef.
Click to join Contestchef
amazing and super easy! Only thing is you have not mentioned the quantity of black tea.
Making this for tomorrow’s party for non alcoholic friends.
Thanks Maria! Always a big fan of yours!
Thankyou Anita how could I missed that out have rectified the same. Pleased to know this let me know how was thir reaction enjoy your party….