Never knew Moist Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes can be so moist, soft, smooth and delicious. Moist Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes are easy to make and you can make them in 30 mins. I had made these Chocolate Cupcakes for my hubbys friends kids. Their family relished these cute cupcakes.
To make the cupcakes healthy I have used flax seeds instead of egg. Secondly have used oil instead of butter to make it low cholesterol and vegan. Also for sugar I have used organic raw sugar which is nutritious and any day better than plain sugar. Now for presentation I have made use of ingredients which are easily found in your kitchen.
I have topped some cupcakes with desiccated coconut, some with almond flakes, some with pecan, some with nuts and some I have kept plain. So they looked like a cupcake basket. Also because of the different topping they taste also slightly different. Also had made dry fruit fudge which turned out great.
Moist Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes recipe and the printable version below:
- 125 gms refined flour
- 125 gms wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 t/s salt
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder
- 4 tbsp chocolate chunks Or chocolate paste
- 2 tbsp flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 175 gms raw sugar / brown sugar/ castor sugar (I have used less as prefer less sweet)
- 100 gms chocolate paste Or chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract Or vanilla essence
- 5 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven at 200°C exactly ten to fifteen mins before baking. Grease the cupcake moulds with oil and dust some flour on it. You could use cup cake papers as well.
- Roast flax seed on low heat for 3 mins. Once they start popping up switch off the gas. Grind roasted flax seed in the processor until fine powder is formed. Mix 6 tbsp water into it and keep aside for 5 to 7 mins.
- Sift both the flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, vanilla powder, corn flour and salt.
- Cream oil and sugar (beat them) until light and fluffy. Now add flaxseed+water mixture and beat nicely for 2 mins more.
- Now add sifted dry ingredients slowly into wet ingredients alternatively add all hot water. Fold the mixture nicely.
- Lastly add vanilla extract Or essence and fold well. Pour the batter into the moulds leaving some space for the cake to rise. Top cakes with desiccated coconut flakes, cherries, nuts, flaked almonds Or choco chips. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 12 to 14 mins Or once the skewer comes out clean.
2.Add toppings of your choice.
3.If chocolate paste isn't available make use of chocolate chunks.
4.You could use coconut milk Or soy milk instead of hot water.
5.Dust the cupcakes with icing sugar and make you own frosting