Favorite Mumbai street food Mumbai Tawa Pulao Recipe! Tawa Pulao is a term which all Mumbaikar’s are well versed with. I can bet there will be not a single person in Mumbai who must have not eaten this dish. For those who don’t know what this dish is??? Let me tell you this dish is sold on Mumbai Streets. In almost all corners, junctions or roads of Mumbai you will find them. Just like Pav Bhaji people have craze to eat all kinds of food in Mumbai. This recipe is instantly cooked with vegetables and tossed with Indian spices. In this chill weather who wouldn’t like to walk down the street corner and taste some hot hot Tawa Pulao.
Also attention all Bachelors and singles this recipe is specially for all of you guys. Tawa Pulao is healthy, easy and simple to make. Tawa Pulaos are quite often cooked at my place. This recipe was done by mummy of course on her stubborn daughters request that’s me.
Accompany Tawa Pulao with some raita, papad and you would be reaching heaven on earth 🙂 Let me not keep you far away from this delicious recipe. I loved to share this Mumbai Special – Tawa Pulao from the bottom of my heart. Hope this Tawa Pulao reaches from corners of Mumbai to all corners of the world.
If you looking for more Mumbai street food then check out ragda patties, vada pav, masala toast sandwich, anda bhurji, chole bhatura, bread pakora and cheese pavbhaji.
Let’s make step by step Mumbai Tawa Pulao Recipe:
1. First chop Onion, Boiled Potatoes, Coriander leaves, Tomatoes and Garlic.
2. Take a vessel now add butter or oil. Once it is hot add cumin seeds once it crackles stir in chopped garlic. Saute for a minute on low fire.
3. Now add chopped Onions. Fry until crisp and golden brown.
4. Its time to add the chopped tomatoes and add little chopped coriander. Wait until tomatoes water dries up. Now add all spices and stir well.
5. Stir in potatoes and green peas.
6. Let the vegetable cook for 2 to 3 mins. Combine well with a spoon. Once all the masalas and vegetables blend well put rice.
7. Add steamed rice little by little by gently stirring in. When all rice is mixed well with the Masalas and veggies after 3 mins. Remove from gas and garnish the Tawa Pulao with the rest of chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve Mumbai Tawa Pulao with papad, raita and pickle.
Mumbai Tawa Pulao recipe below:
Tawa pulao recipe card below:
- 4 cups Boiled or Steamed Rice
- ½ cup Green Peas Boiled
- 1 Big sized Potato (Boiled and Chopped)
- 2 Onion
- 6 to 7 Strands Of Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 8 to Garlic Chopped
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 3 tbsp Butter Or Oil ( I have used Amul Butter)
- 2 Green Chillies chopped finely
- 1 t/s Turmeric (Haldi)
- 2 t/s Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- ½ t/s Red Chilli Powder
- Salt as per taste
- First chop Onion, Boiled Potatoes, Coriander leaves, Tomatoes and Garlic.
- Take a vessel now add butter or oil. Once it is hot add cumin seeds, When they crackle stir in chopped Garlic. Saute for a minute on low fire.
- Now add chopped Onions. Fry until crisp and golden brown. Now add all spices and stir well.
- Its time to add the chopped tomatoes and add little chopped coriander. Wait until tomatoes water dries up. Add all the spice powder and stir well.
- Stir in potatoes and green peas.
- Let the vegetable cook for 2 to 3 mins. Combine well with a spoon. Once all the masalas and vegetables blend well put rice.
- Add steamed rice little by little by gently stirring in. When all rice is mixed well with the Masalas and veggies after 3 mins. Remove from gas and serve hot with Papad or Raita. Garnish the Tawa Pulao with the rest of chopped coriander leaves.
- Do try this My Mummy's yummy Mumbai Tawa Pulao Recipe!
2. You could use a day before rice from your fridge for this pulao.
3. You could use more chili powder if need more spice.
4. You can also enhance the flavor of this Tawa Pulao by adding some friedCottage Cheese (Paneer) on it.
It’s too tasty. My hubby loved it lot.
Pleased to know this Payal thankyou so much for trying tawa pulao. Glad your hubby liked them 🙂
Easy way to make. Sure it will be tasty. Thank you.
Prashant you are welcome 🙂 do keep me posted once you try the tawa pulao.
It was soooo good, I don’t know how to praise. Thank you so much.
I am glad you liked them thanks for your feedback take care Piyali 🙂 and have fun!
It looks wonderful!! How did you made the bread next to it?
Thanks Khadija … it’s not a bread but papad which is fried do lemme know once you try the tawa pulao
Geetika Jalota says
its super nyc…n tasty..
Hey Geeta….Thanks a ton keep cooking have fun 🙂 …..
Geetika Jalota says
its tooo tasty…
Sujit Jayakumar says
Its mouth waterin offcourse but it also gives u a visual of how it is prepared,
which is good, not just for bachelors but guys like me who like experimenting with their food.. thanks maria 🙂
Great to know you love cooking and experimenting with food. Sujit also let me know what kind of recipes you want. I will add them for you. God bless you.