Mushroom 65 recipe is a lip-smacking finger food snack. I have posted earlier paneer 65 which also is equally good so is this recipe. This dish hails from the Southern part of India and has lot of stories and myths behind it. But whomsoever created thankyou because we are reaping the benefits of making and eating them.
This dish is easy and could be made quickly. It has no marination or any other process. You could also call them as a quick snack or quick fix to make when sudden guests at home. It’s also a treat for vegetarians like me 🙂 yeah for next 40 days no non-veg food as fasting for lent.
My hubby isn’t fond of paneer and mushrooms. But thanks to the lovely Indian dishes he has started eating them without making any fuss 😉 Mushrooms are great for us as they have all the required vitamins, minerals and amino acid even it consist B 12. So include them in your weekly diet it’s good for your and your family.
Coming back to the dish I haven’t added any color. As the paste of dry kashmiri chilies imparts the deep red color. I have also used some greens of spring onion towards the end which goes well with mushrooms.
I have used fresh button mushrooms. Ensure you chop them into big chunks if they are small in size then no need to chop. Also use firm mushrooms for this recipe. You could just use the head of mushrooms for this dish I have used the whole as don’t prefer to waste food.
So next time you have a kid part, dinner or any kind of gathering do try this mushroom 65 recipe for a veg starter or a side dish.
Let’s make Mushroom 65 recipe stepwise:
1. Wash the mushrooms and wipe them with a napkin.
2. Firstly soak or blanch the dry red chilies into hot boiling water for 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile chop the mushrooms and place aside.
4. Now grind the chilies into a smooth paste. Add little water if required.
5.Put the chopped curry leaves.
6. Add all the spice powder, salt, soy sauce, few drops of oil and vinegar.
7. Now add the maida and rice flour.
8. Combine all nicely add little water if required. The batter has to be thick enough to coat the mushrooms. I don’t have a pic for this one.
9. Place a deep vessel or pan with oil to heat.
10. Once oil is hot dip the mushroom in the batter. Ensure they are covered from all sides.
11. Deep fry until golden brown and crisp from all sides. Fry them on medium heat and fry few at a time.
12. Place them on absorbent napkin. Take some oil and fry 7-8 curry leaves then mix them with mushroom.
13. Garnish with greens of spring onion. Serve your mushroom 65 with your favorite sauce, chutney or dipping.
Mushroom 65 recipe below:
- 200-250 gms of fresh button mushrooms chopped into big chunks or just halved into two
- 6-7 dry kashmiri red chilies soaked in boiling hot water for 30 mins
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 14-15 curry leaves chopped finely
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 tbsp refined flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp rice flour or corn flour
- water as required
- salt as required
- oil as required
- few curry leaves
- greens of spring onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- Firstly soak or blanch the dry red chilies into hot boiling water for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile chop the mushrooms and place aside.
- Now grind the chilies into a smooth paste. Add little water if required.
- Put the chopped curry leaves.
- Add all the spice powder, salt, soy sauce, few drops of oil and vinegar.
- Now add the maida and rice flour.
- Combine all nicely add little water if required. The batter has to be thick enough to coat the mushrooms.
- Place a deep vessel or pan with oil to heat.
- Once oil is hot dip the mushroom in the batter. Ensure they are covered from all sides.
- Deep fry until golden brown and crisp from all sides. Fry them on medium heat and fry few at a time.
- Place them on absorbent napkin.
- Serve your mushroom 65 with your favorite sauce, chutney or dipping.
2. Fry few at a time.
3. Addition of rice flour aids in making them crispy.
4. I always add few drops of oil to my batter as then they absorb lesser oil.
5. Instead of mushroom you could use boiled potatoes or sweetcorn.