Welcome summers by sipping Nimbu Pani. In the northern states of India nimbu pani is also known as shikanji or shikanjvi and lemonade in English. I am sharing Nimbu Pani Recipe sold on Mumbai streets during all the season. Mostly I also have drank a lot of nimbu pani on Mumbai streets when the heat is unbearable. Best part of nimbu pani is it just refreshes and gives instant energy.
Limes are known as nimbu in India. We all know lime is best source of vitamin C. When combined with some herbs and spices like cumin powder, chat masala and black salt it just goes to a different level and act as a best coolant to your body.
Even sweet lime soda is quite famous after nimbu pani. Some other famous drinks for summer in India are chaas (buttermilk), thandai, lassi, amla sherbet, aam panna, jaljira, kokam sherbet, sugarcane juice, coconut water (nariyal pani), watermelon juice, milkshakes and rose milk with basil seed (sabza).
If you are looking for more beverages then check out mango lassi, watermelon juice, strawberry milkshake, kesar lassi, strawberry soda punch, blackgrapes juice, mango squash, dry fruit milkshake, amla sherbet and aam panna.
Nimbu Pani Recipe below:
- 1 medium sized lemon
- 2 glasses of chilled water
- 1 t/s cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1 t/s chat masala
- rock salt as required
- 2 tbs sugar or as required
- few mint leaves
- few lemon slices (optional)
- few ice cubes
- Take water in a vessel.
- Slice the lemon and squeeze the juice with the squeezer or with the help of your hand into water. Discard the seed.
- Add sugar, black salt, cumin powder, chat masala, mint leaves and icecubes.
- Mix all until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into tall glasses and add lemon slices if using.
- Serve nimbu pani chilled.
2. Black salt, cumin powder and chat masala are for flavoring so use them accordingly.
Would this be a good recipe to add with a project in school? Could it be too sweet or sour…?
Adrianna yes you can add nimbu pani recipes as a project in your school. The sweet and sour taste can be adjusted as per your preferences, thanks.
it was awesome recipe but you can make a paste of mint & ginger for more refreshing taste!!!
Thankyou summy would surely try that way 🙂
Thankyou for trying the recipe and for sharing the link.