Healthy Appetizer Drink Amla Sharbet! Amla is Indian Gooseberry full of vitamin C and antioxidants. It’s also a great cooler in summer, refreshes your body and builds up immunity. In Ayurveda amla is known for it’s benefits. It’s great for hair, skin, digestive system and nourishes body.
Amla + Palak = amla palak sharbet. For people who don’t know what is palak? palak are spinach leaves. Also added some mint leaves idea was to make something healthy without much effort. I love juices but to make them everyday is headache for me. Hence I thought of coming up with something healthy which I can drink daily with one time effort. That’s me looking for shortcuts and quick way of making healthy recipes.
Spinach is great for iron hence this Amla Sharbet has a great nutritional value. Also I use less sugar for less calories so you could add more sugar as per your preference. You could use organic jaggery to make it more healthier.
Infact I am sipping my Amla Sherbet while writing this post. I drink them everyday whenever I want to and how much I want to.No more increasing your anxiety let’s proceed to make this drink.
Amla Sharbet recipe details listed below:
- 250 gmsfresh amla (indian gosseberry)
- 10 to 12 spinach leaves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 7 to 8 mint leaves
- 3 cups water
- 200 gms organic sugar/sugar/organic jaggery powder/jaggery powder
- 1.5 tbsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 1.5 tbsp fennel seed powder
- 1.5 tbsp chat masala
- black salt as per taste
- Wash the amlas pressure cook until one whistle. Deseed the amlas chop them finely.
- Wash spinach leaves, mint leaves and ginger. Chop them too.
- Combine chopped amla, spinach, mint and ginger into a processor. Grind until they all blend well. Later add a cup of water
- blend until smooth puree is formed.
- Pour the mixture over mesh strainer. Sieve the mixture alternatively you could sieve over a linen cloth. Squeeze the pulp to
- extract more juice over strainer. Discard the pulp.
- Add 2 cups of water to the collected juice. Stir sugar, all spiced powder and black salt as per taste. You could use electric
- beater to mix all Or manually stir in.
- Store them in edible bottles Or containers into the fridge. Should last you for 12 to 14 days.