For loads of immunity and vitamin C presenting Orange Basil Juice recipe with Amla (Indian Gooseberry)…….. Oranges gives the tangy flavor, basil fulfills the greens and amla gives vitamin c and immunity. Instead of sugar have added jaggery powder which increases the iron content and nutritive value anyday better than sugar.
Orange Amla Basil Juice is sugar free, lots of tangy-sweet flavor and required energy for body to fight during monsoon. When it’s raining lets be honest we all love to freak on hot jalebis, vada pavs, pav bhajis sold on the streets. Little we care about the hygiene factor and indulge in street food. This often leads to stomach upsets, cold, cough Or some other sickness. Infact in monsoon we need to be very careful what we eat, from where we eat and how we eat? Do ask these questions when indulging in food outside.
I love amla and can sip amla juice daily. So I have made amla squash which I will share soon. Because I don’t like to chop fresh amla and make the juice daily as I am lazy + lack of time to do that. Hence thought of making homemade amla squash home and drink whenever I want and how much I want.
Infact in monsoon make all the street food home it will be hygienic, less oil and made with love by your mother.If you are single Or housewife than don’t be lazy cook all these dishes at home by yourself 🙂
Let’s move towards the Orange Amla Basil Juice!
Orange Amla Basil Juice recipe details listed below:
- 2 oranges peeled, de-seeded and chopped into chunks
- 2 to 3 amlas (indian gooseberry) de-seeded and chopped
- ½ cup organic jaggery powder Or as sweet required
- a pinch of black salt
- 7 to 8 basil leaves
- ½ cup water
- few ice cubes (optional)
- Combine oranges, amlas, jaggery, basil leaves, water and icecubes into juicer Or grinder.
- Grind until all blend well. If using grinder sieve the juice and discard the pulp.
- Serve juice in tall glasses with few basil leaves and icecubes. Sprinkle some black salt on top.
2. If jaggery powder isn't available use sugar.
Food to Fitness says
Looks refreshing. Thanks for the recipe.
Thanks and you are welcome 🙂
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com says
A perfect summer thirst quencher!
thanks so much Kiran 🙂