Here comes my first powder chutney post and the chutney is Peanut Chutney Powder 🙂 I am surprised how I have not come up with any powdered chutney post since last 2 years of blogging. Anyways I ate Peanut Chutney Powder along with theplas which came in a ready packet from my shop downstairs. I really grooved on Peanut Chutney Powder it’s just yummy. In fact the theplas were dry and not that great but the chutney was too good. Yes I binge on outside food too !
That’s how I decided to make Peanut Chutney Powder. This is my own creative thinking and gut feeling to make this delish Peanut Chutney Powder. Lemme tell you honestly the housemade Peanut Chutney Powder is much better than outside one. Peanut Chutney Powder is made with few basic ingredients easily found in your kitchen. Sometimes simple ingredients make a fabulous flavored dish.
You could eat this chutney in a dry form Or mix some coconut oil. Club Peanut Chutney Powder with dosa, appams, chapati, theplas, parathas etc. I am eating as a side dish with my lunch and dinner 😉 I am gonna soon post other chutneys which I make so regularly at home!
Peanut Chutney Powder recipe and printable version below:
- 100 gms peanut
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- ½ t/s turmeric
- a pinch of asofoetida
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- salt as per taste
- It's important to dry roast the peanuts on a medium pan on medium heat for about 5 to 7 mins. Roast peanuts until light brown in color. For last 2 mins add cumin seed, sesame seed and fennel seed. Switch off the gas.
- Combine roasted groundnut, fennel seed, sesame seed, red chili powder, turmeric, asofoetida, salt and chat masala into a processor. Grind coarsely Or for just a minute. Don't over grind as peanut will start secreting oil.
- Transfer into a airtight box. This will stay for 12 days. For safer side store into a fridge if it's a humid climate.
2. Also don't over grind the mixture else you will get peanut oil.
3. Salt acts as a preservative so it stays fresh for longer life shelf.
4. Club Peanut Chutney Powder with roti, parathas, dosas, idlis, appams Or puris.
5. If you already have roasted peanuts then there is no need to roast them again.