Pepper Fried Chicken Recipe is a spicy, tangy and easy to make is this Pepper Fried Chicken! I mostly make my regular fry chicken which hubby loves. This time I thought of trying something different and came up with this spicy and hot version of red chili pepper fried chicken. This dish goes well with bread, flat bread and even with rice. The recipe was lip smacking and got over at hubby’s office in minutes.
Made optimum use of dry kashmiri red chilies. But you could use fresh red chilies which are in season now. Remove their seed before using unless you love hot and spicy food. We love medium spicy food at home hence used mild spiced chilies.
This is an easy preparation with minimal time for marination process. Added some garlic, vinegar and black pepper to the red chili paste. Alter chilies as per spice required. If not fond of vinegar use lemon juice instead. Make use of boneless chicken or with bones.
My vegetarian friends could use paneer, tofu or potatoes. Even fish could be marinated with the same spice paste. We had fried chicken, mughlai chicken masala and sprouts veggies with rice for dinner. Quite a sumptuous meal would be posting recipe for mughlai chicken masala very soon.
If you are looking for more chicken recipes then do check pepper fried chicken, chicken zafrani pulao,chicken biryani, chicken mughlai masala, tandoori chicken, butter chicken, chicken keema andchicken mughlai curry.
Pepper Fried Chicken recipe below:
- 1 kg chicken chopped into medium or small size
- 3 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- 3 tbsp semolina or breadcrumbs (I used semolina)
- Spice paste for marination:9 - 10 dry kashmiri red chilies or fresh red chilies de-seeded soaked on boiling hot water for 20 mins
- 20 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp coconut vinegar / vinegar of your choice
- 2 t/s crushed or coarse black pepper powder or as preferred
- 1 tbsp sugar
- sea salt or salt as per taste
- Firstly soak the red chilies in boiling hot water for 20 mins. Discard the water and combine all the ingredients into a processor except black pepper powder. Grind until smooth paste is formed add little water or vinegar if required.
- The spice paste has to be thick but not dry. Apply this paste liberally to the chicken pieces. Lastly add pepper powder and marinate for 20 mins. You could place in the fridge for marination. I had kept mine out as it's quite chilled here.
- Place a deep pan on heat. Add oil and allow it get hot. Meanwhile spread semolina or breadcrumbs over a dish. Roll the marinated chicken pieces over it and coat from all sides.
- Shallow fry from both sides until cooked, crispy and fried evenly. Don't fry too many at a time. Serve hot with chutney, sauce or rice.
2. Alter spices as per your taste.
3. You could us semolina or bread crumbs. Semolina gives a crispy texture and crumbs gives a nugget like texture.