Pistachio Kulfi Recipe or pista kulfi made with loads of pistachio and rose petals a yummy frozen treat to die for 🙂 My fourth innings on kulfi a special kulfi called Pistachio kulfi one of my favorite kulfi. A special treat for a special one is Pistachio Kulfi. I an binge on any kulfi but nutty flavored kulfis are just out of world. Sometimes I feel I am blessed to born in India as there are so many recipes and desserts to live for 😉
Yesterday had posted malai kulfi and today pistachio kulfi guess kulfi series …….The best part is my hubby isn’t so fond of kulfis so all goes in my stomach. Happy about this part as I can eat all kulfi by myself although shared with my neighbors. For some reason I cannot eat anything alone I gotto share some bite of it.
You could make kulfis special by adding rose petals, rose water, kewra essence, cornflour/milk powder etc. Infact pistachio kulfis are green in color as green color is added. But I don’t like unnatural food colors haven’t used green color. If you wish you could use green color for your kulfi.
The recipe of pistachio kulfi is quite similar to malai kulfi. Both kulfis are made instantly and can be made with great ease. You could use earthen wares for storing kulfi Or kulfi moulds whatever you prefer.
Pistachio Kulfi recipe details listed below:
- 1 ltr full cream milk
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 1 cup toasted Or roasted chopped pistachios and some more for sprinkling
- 1 cup fresh Or dried rose petals chopped
- 1 tbsp organic rice flour Or rice flour Or corn flour
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 t/s green cardamom powder
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp kewra essence
- 1 tbsp saffron syrup (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- Boil milk on low heat on a wide bottomed pan. Once milk has reached it's boiling point i.e. when milk completely comes high. Switch off the gas at this point.
- Add rice flour Or corn flour, milk powder when milk is very hot and stir nicely. Allow the milk to cool down.
- Now add condensed milk, cream, cardamom powder, kewra essence, rose water, salt, chopped rose petals and all toasted pistachio nuts.
- Combine all nicely and pour in kulfi moulds Or any mould. Freeze until firm. If using kulfi moulds rub gently towards the bottom for few seconds.
- The kulfi will slide out gently insert a toothpick. Sprinkle some toasted pistachios and rose petals on top. Alternatively you could slice and eat kulfis. Drizzle some saffron syrup over the kulfis and eat chilled.
1. I have added less condensed milk as I prefer less sweet so add as per preference.
2. Same way you could make almond kulfi by replacing pistachios with almonds.
3. Ensure you heat milk on low fire else it will get burnt.
4. If kewra essence isn’t available you could replace with almond essence.
5. Also if fresh rose petals aren't available you could use dried rose petals.
6. Toast pistachios in oven by baking at 180°C for 10 mins Or roast on pan with low heat until they are light brown. Later chop them into pieces.