Welcome summer with refreshing Strawberry Milkshake Recipe along basil seed! Strawberries are in season why not make some shake with them. You could use milk or soy-milk if you are a vegan. I have added topped with basil seeds to regulate body temperature during warm season. I love basil seed as they are great for health and body.
This milk-shake is easy and make them anytime of the day. Specially if you come from heavy shopping or from outside. I have used organic sugar you could use jaggery or honey instead for low fat drink. Somehow I love making drinks and mocktails. I have tried some more drinks from strawberries like oats berry shake and strawberry soda punch. Know some benefits of strawberries: They are good teeth cleanser, great skin cleanser, packed with antioxidants and also fights ageing process.
Strawberry Milkshake Recipe and printable version below:
- 250 gms fresh strawberries or canned strawberries
- 300 ml milk / skimmed milk
- 4 tbsp sugar / honey / jaggery as required
- 2 t/s basil seed soaked in water until swells
- few ice cubes
- Soak basil seed in water until it swell and looks like jelly.
- Now chops strawberries and grind to a coarse paste.
- Add milk, sugar and ice-cubes. Grind until all blends well.
- Top with soaked basil seed. Serve in glasses chilled.
If you have strawberry syrup you could that as well.
Sugar add as per your preference as I prefer less sugar.
For variation you could top with ice-cream or whipped cream.