Luscious, Delicious, Yummy and Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Milkshake! What’s your take on a shake??? god I am rhyming 😉 I was bored today noon to make something for myself. Hence thought of an healthy option to make which was this yum shake. I mixed some instant oatmeal, nuts, milk, strawberries, cocoa powder and organic sugar voila had a sweet treat…. loved them planning to make such more shakes.
My vegan friends could use almond milk, soy milk Or cashew milk for making a shake. I have used strawberries which are in season in India. You could use cranberries, mulberries, raspberries fresh Or dried any one is fine. I had 2 glasses myself and was quite full and content with this drink. It’s okay to indulge in a sweet affair some times right 🙂
I love cold and hot beverages both. Some of them I really love are vegan hot chocolate milkshake, custard apple milkshake, homemade mango squash and orange basil juice. If you love cream you could add that as well. I have just added a dollop of icecream at the end for topping. Also herbs like basil would taste great.
Actually I have taken a break today from making Christmas sweets. I will start again making them soon. It’s getting quite chilled in Pune and I am loving it. Love to binge on icecream, kulfis and shakes I know sound crazy but I am when it comes to sweet indulgence.
Oatmeal Chocolate Milkshake recipe and step by step details listed below:
- 200 ml milk / almond milk/ soy milk
- 100 gms instant oatmeal
- 2 heaped tbsp of dark cocoa powder
- 1 t/s cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp organic sugar / honey/ jaggery powder use as required
- 6 fresh chopped strawberries + 1 chopped strawberry for decoration
- 6 cashewnuts
- 6 almonds
- 6 walnuts
- a few icecubes
- a scoop of vanilla icecream (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except icecream into the blender. Grind until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into tall glasses and top with a scoop of icecream and strawberries.
- Serve the drink chilled.