Here comes super easy Tandoori Aloo Recipe!
What’s tandoori? tandoori is a Indian masala made with fusion of spices which are hot. Later this masala is mixed with hung yogurt and rubbed over chicken Or vegetables. It’s marinated over an hour then baked in hot tandoor, oven Or even fried and grilled. Potatoes are known as aloo in India hence the name of the recipe Tandoori Aloo 🙂 Also wish Ramadan kareem to all my readers and frennds ………….. also happy to post this first dish here for Ramadan festival.
In this recipe I haven’t used any yogurt yet its tasty. In short this Tandoori Aloo Recipe is dairy free, simple to make, made with basic ingredients found in your kitchen. Also no fancy tool required. I have baked them in oven on high heat if you don’t have to worry about getting a barbecue kit, grill kit etc for this dish.
I was longing to make this dish and finally made them. I ate some with tomato chili sauce along with a hot cup of tea. Comfort and warm yourself with a delicious tea time snack Tandoori Aloo. I bet you guys will love it.
For a variation you could add some dash of cheese, herbs and bake it. Kids will love and drool over them. Also add some chopped spinach leaves with cheese can be nutritive and healthy. Use your innovative mind to create variations 😉 I gave you some ideas already.
We consume almost 1 kilo of potatoes every week back home. Sometimes I make aloo paratha, vegetable, sandwich, mashed potatoes, bake them, french fries etc. Potato is such a versatile vegetable you could actually land up making thousand dishes from them. I have a special place for potatoes in my heart. Just can’t live without them 🙂 🙂
In India tandoori chicken is the most popular dish. Even tandoori fish is quite popular. I have tried both and trust me it tastes amazing. However whatever tandoori dish you make the result has to be succulent, soft and properly cooked. Some of the tandoori chicken tastes like rubber when you eat outside. I have tried Boneless Chicken Tandoori recipe sometime back which was delicious.
Notes for Tandoori Aloo Recipe:
- You could use yogurt instead of lime juice for marination.
- I have used ready made tandoori masala you could make home if you wish.
- Same way you could bake other veggies like mushroom, eggplant etc.
Tandoori Aloo Recipe details listed below:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 big sized potato chopped into thin rounds
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala ( I used everest brand)
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 t/s turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 1 t/s dried mango powder (amchur powder) (optional)
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 1/2 lime juice
- salt as per taste
- few coriander leaves for garnish ( I used celery leaves)
- Preheat oven exactly for 10 mins at 220° C before baking.
- Combine all powdered spices into a mixing bowl. Add some lime juice along with salt and make a nice thick paste. If the paste
- is too thick add little more lime juice
- Chop potato into thin rounds. Rub the masala paste all over the potatoes. Leave to marinate for 10 mins.
- Place the potatoes over the baking tray. Drizzle some oil over it.
- Bake at 220°C for 12 mins Or until golden brown from both sides. Flip the other side of potato and bake for 2 to 3 mins more.
- Drizzle some oil if it’s got dried up.
- Serve hot with green chutney Or sauce.