Tired of eating plain jane rotis try Til Gur Ki Roti 😉 Start the year eating healthy Til Gur Ki Roti. What is Til? its sesame seeds, Gur is Jaggery and Rotis are Indian Flat Bread. Keep anemia at bay by eating Til Gur Ki Roti 🙂 …… I love jaggery so obviously I would fall for these yummy goodies.
Til Gur Ki Roti is a very simple recipe even kids can make them under supervision. I usually make them for my morning breakfast so I am full of energy throughout the day. Especially for kids and pregnant ladies Til Gur Ki Roti is an amazing breakfast. Even the rest of us can have them.
I ate only that and eating watermelons today. I am writing a bit fast. As I have to make food for dinner tonight and I am all confused what to make? Hmmmm it’s a daily problem which we all go through. I generally go to my kitchen check out what veggies I have? then as per my impulse I make them.
Til Gur Ki Roti recipe and the printable version below:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 t/s salt
- 1 tbsp oil for dough
- 3 tbsp white sesame seed
- 2 tbsp black sesame seed
- ½ cup grated jaggery (gur) Or jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp oil for frying rotis.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dough. Knead into a smooth dough. Use all your pressure and stamina to knead it. Cover
- with a damp napkin Or towel and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile combine all ingredients for stuffing except oil.
- Now make marble sized balls. Flatten the balls with the roller into oval Or round shape. spread stuffing all over one roti.
- Cover with another roti. Fold the edges and roll gently over the edges.
- Place a frying pan over high heat. Once pan is hot place the stuffed roti over it. Smear some oil over both sides Of roti.
- Fry until it's brown and got some colored specks over it. Transfer to a casserole Or cover it.
- Repeat the same process with rest of dough. Serve hot with tea Or coffee.
2.This paratha is suppose to be fried on high heat and oil.
3.You could use ghee if you wish to add Or even use butter.
4.Variation would be to add some desiccated coconut to the roti.