Mumbai Special Bun Pav Or Bread which is commonly known as Tutti frutti bread made with organic whole wheat flour. This bread recipe is so simple to make yet so delicious to taste. It is homemade hence healthy, hygienic and delicious than the ones you get outside. I relish Bun Maska in Irani Bakeries in Mumbai. So I decided to make one at home. My dad loves these buns so I made one for him. This is one of my old post which I have changed the pics with new ones.
This Tutti Frutti Bread got over in jiffy minutes. Guess I have become perfect in making bread at home. I am enjoying my Tutti Frutti Bread with a hot cup of Chai with slice of cheese in my bread…. Yummy I am loving it. Also this bread is soft and moist.
My dad loved the flavor and relished these Tutti Frutti Bread. I have used more whole wheat flour to make it healthier. You could also roll these breads into oats before baking them. For the extra nutrition.
Making bread is no rocket science… yeah u cannot be impatient. Because you have to be patient while making bread. Otherwise your bread won’t turn out great. Lemme quickly share this recipe with you.
Tutti Frutti Bread Recipe below:
- ◾1.5 tbsp fresh yeast Or 1.5 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 t/s salt
- 3 tbsp honey or 3 tbsp Sugar or as sweetness required
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk Or water
- 4 tbsp tutti frutti candies
- 3 tbsp Oil / butter
- 2 tbsp butter for glazing bread
- Take yeast along with 4 tbsp lukewarm milk Or water, hot enough so that you are able to dip your finger. Add some salt along with honey. Keep covered in a humid place. I have used lukewarm water and used fresh yeast. within ten mins the yeast will become frothy. Stir with a spoon and keep it covered aside again.
- Best place to keep yeast is in your oven with the light. After 15 mins yeast will
- be ready.
- Sift wheat flour and refined flour together. Mix yeast, milk and oil with flour. Knead well to form a dough. Use all your stamina to knead this dough. After about 15 mins of kneading. Shape your dough into a round ball.
- The dough would be slightly sticky yet. You could add little bit of flour into it. But caution don’t be tempted to add more flour. Else your bread or bun would be rubbery.
- Slightly oil a vessel. Place this dough into this vessel. Cover the dough with a damp towel or cloth. Keep it aside in a humid place.
- Approximately after 30 mins the dough should rise up to its double size. Now again dust a little flour and knead this dough again. The more you knead the better would be your bread. So don’t be lazy in kneading dough. Add tutti frutti into the dough.
- Give desired shape. I have divided the dough into two parts ⅔rd have placed into bread box.
- The rest dough have shaped them into round buns. Keep 2 inches space between these balls.
- Again apply the same process for about 30 mins cover these shaped balls with damp cloth. After 30 mins they will double up and rise beautifully.
- Bake them at 220°C for about 30 mins Or when they become nice brown.
- Please don’t over bake them unless you want rubbery bread.
- I can assure your bread and bun would look beautiful. Brush some butter on them for a nice glaze.