Make Vegan Hot Chocolate Milk this valentine with almond milk. Low in calories, full of vitamins proteins and one of the best dairy replacement is this Vegan Hot Chocolate Milk. It’s delicious, yummy and great for kids Or adults. I have lot of almonds back home so thought of making some good utilization of it. Hence came up with idea of making Vegan Recipe!
I guess I am also allergic to lactose as sometimes cow milk tea creates acidity Or indigestion problem. So almond milk is great for lactose intolerant people like me. It’s not I completely avoid milk but with tea yeas I prefer almond milk. Almond Milk has some great benefits. Almond milk is on the best no dairy milk, it’s low fat, has less cholesterol, great for heart, good for people allergic to milk. Also almond milk is rich in iron and can be stored in the fridge for a week. So start including almond milk in your daily diet.
I will soon come up with more delicious recipes and desserts! Total Time: 8 hours soaking almonds + 2 mins preparation more details listed at the bottom
Vegan Hot Chocolate recipe details below:
- 15 to 16 almonds soaked in water overnight
- 1.5 cup water Or as consistency required
- 1 tbsp organic sugar
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 t/s instant dark coffee powder
- a pinch of cinnamon powder + pinch of nutmeg powder
- Soak almonds overnight Or alternatively blanch for 30 mins in boiling water. Peel off the skin and keep aside.
- Grind blanched Or peeled almonds into the processor. Add water and grind until mixture is smooth.
- Strain the mixture with a siever Or linen cloth. Collect the milk and keep aside. Don’t discard the almond peels and the residue of mixture. Make a paste of both and use them in making cakes Or desserts.
- Now add the almond milk into a microwave mug. Add cocoa powder, coffee powder, sugar, cinnamon+nutmeg powder. Microwave for 60 secs.
- Give a nice stir serve hot with snacks Or sandwiches.
2. Also the peels and residue of almond don't discard them just make a paste of it and use them as body scrub Or as almond paste in desserts.
Suzanne Perazzini says
I am the opposite. I don’t have problems with lactose but nuts and therefore almond milk can be quite indigestible for me. It’s great that there is something for everyone. The trick is finding what works for us.
That’s true Suzanne 🙂
my niece loves hot chocolate.. this would be perfect for her..
That’s great Uma do try them for sure 🙂