Lovely, Yummy Low Fat Eggless Yogurt Fruit Delight with Caramelised sugar!
Yogurt Fruit Delight is very similar to Creme Brulee. However I don’t have a blow torch hence couldn’t justify the recipe. Creme Brulee means burnt sugar on cream. But nevertheless I am happy with my own version of fruit delight. The best part of this dish is it’s low fat, yet delicious and tempting 😉
I have used little cream, lots of hung curd, some tender coconut pieces, pomegranate seeds and blueberries preserves along with walnuts for some crunch. Lastly I have chilled the Yogurt Fruit Delight and then poured the caramel sauce and topped with pomegranate seeds. It’s fun to make yogurt fruit delight as it’s like painting make the way you wanna make and see how it shapes up. Even kids can make them easily.
You can have your version of Yogurt Fruit Delight with mangoes, cherries, kiwis etc. Also you could add some choco sauce. My version is simple and light as I don’t like too much of fancy food and too much decoration. Yeah sometimes I do go overboard but like food simple and elegant.
Right now my mind is having too many thoughts of making more versions of yogurt parfaits, trifles etc . If you surf channels food industry is booming like anything so many cookery shows and competitions. Even food blogs are just increasing day by day it’s so difficult to think at times what to post? what to make? Gone are the days where blogging was just a hobby now its gone to a different level altogether.
- You could avoid cream and replace with more hung yogurt / curd if you are on a low cal diet.
- Use fruits of your choice. Further you could add more fruit sauce, choco chips and dollop of icecream to make it richer.
- Make this in advance for kitty parties or birthday parties.
- If you don’y have blueberry conserve use any jam Or fruit coulis.
- I have added tender coconut you could grind them into mixie and add them along with curd.
- Greek yogurt would be great option to make this dessert.
- If you have a blow torch just sprinkle sugar spread them evenly. Caramelize the sugar with blow torch voila your creme brulee is ready.
Yogurt Fruit Delight recipe printable details listed below:
- 3 tbsp of blueberry conserve Or crushed blueberries mixed with sugar
- 1 cup of hung yogurt (curd)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup chopped tender coconut
- 2 tbsp sugar + 1 tbsp sugar for sprinkling
- few pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- some fruit sauce Or chocolate sauce optional
- 1 tbsp water
- Firstly whisk cream with sugar and cream. Please don’t overmix them.
- Take serving glasses put bluberry conserve at the bottom until an inch filled. Sprinkle some crushed walnuts over them.
- Pour the yogurt-cream mixture slowly until reaches half the length of glass. Put some tender coconut chunks and walnuts. Now fill the yogurt mixture over
- it until almost filled leaving some space for caramel. Refrigerate until it firms up.
- Once the yogurt is chilled start making your caramel. Take a pan place on low heat add sugar+water. Keep stirring until it’s golden-amber in color. Don’t burn the caramel.
- Pour the mixture over the chilled glasses. You will see it starts firming over chilled yogurt.
- Lastly add rest of walnut, pomegranate seeds and drizzle some chocolate sauce if using.
By the way Which is your favorite fruit ?? I love mangoes……………