Leave French fries instead try Raw Banana Fries!
Raw banana fry- Quick Banana fry from mummy to be made on a day when you wanna make something light and nutritious. This is an amazing recipe plus healthy too. My mother loves to eat a lot of bananas. I am not so fond of it but still eat for health reason.
Bananas usually used in south Indian Recipes they are nutritious and are rich source of sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber. It contains high levels of Vitamin C, A1, B6, and B12 . You can eat Bananas in all forms fried, boiled, baked, steamed, milkshakes, ice cream and the list goes on and on. So do include bananas in your daily food
You will find a lot of dishes made from Bananas on my blog which I have listed below. Have made Eggless Banana Papaya Icecream, Eggless Banana Fritters, Banana Loaf with White Chocolate, Low Fat Banana Muffins and Banana Gelato Recipe etc.
Had made them yesterday so clicked the pics. Since this is my old post didn’t really liked the pics hence modified the recipe and pics both. My hubby loved them had made them along with dry bombay duck curry and rice.
This recipe is made once a week at our place. Instead of french fries replaced with banana fries. Even if the bananas are semi ripe they taste great. Try giving to your kids, loved ones with sauce. I am sure they would love them and ask for more.
I was never fond of Bananas as my mother is fond of Bananas but I developed a certain liking towards it. I started eating Bananas because of its multiple Benefits. I have chosen a Raw Banana recipe which is easy to make and yummy too
- 2 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- 2 raw bananas(Raw Bananas are easily available in markets,departmental stores and local shops)
- 1 tbsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ t/s cumin seed powder (optional)
- ½ t/s black pepper powder (optional)
- 1 lime juice Or 1 t/s vinegar
- 2 tbsp roasted semolina
- rock salt Or black salt as per taste
- Peel off the skin of the raw bananas and dice them into length wise shape.
- Take 1½ cup water in a bowl and let the bananas rest for 5 mins in water.
- This helps in removing the sticky substance from the banana.
- Now wash the bananas again in running tap water and add all the above ingredients to it except oil and semolina. Marinate the bananas for fifteen mins.
- Now take a deep pan if deep frying and shallow pan if shallow frying.
- Spread roasted semolina over a dish. Roll marinated bananas over them.
- Cover and coat them nicely with semolina.
- Add oil to it, once the oil is heated than add the coated bananas.
- Deep fry or shallow fry them till golden brown from both sides.
- For diet conscious people you can also shallow fry the bananas and rest them on a tissue paper to remove the excess oil.