Corn Pakoras a delicious deep fried Indian snack! Corn is known as Bhutta in India, fritters known as pakoras here. Mostly people love here to eat pakoras in monsoon. But a person like me can have them anytime or any season. This recipe credit goes to my mother. I would love to eat moms food any day I am sure you also would love to 🙂
The main hero of the dish is sweet corn. Also made with ingredients easily found in your kitchen. Corn Pakoras could be made quickly and no prior preparation required. So if you craving for a deep fried snack you know now what to make??
We both love any kind of deep fried snack. Though I try to make deep fried stuff only once a week. Sometimes it also happens thrice a week 😉 ….. If you exercise then it’s okay to eat fatty food sometimes.
You could also stuff these pakoras in burgers with some cheese, mayo, lettuce. That would taste and look like pakora pav. Try out some food tastes great when explored and experimented. If you wanna try other kind of corn pakoras check the recipe here.
Corn Pakoras recipe and printable version below:
- 3 cups oil to deep fry
- 1.5 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sieved gram flour / chickpea flour Or as required
- 2 green chilies
- ½ inch ginger
- 2-3 strands of coriander leaves (optional)
- 4-5 mint leaves (optional)
- salt as per taste
- Take one cup of sweet corn (reserve ½ cup of sweet corn and place aside), ginger, chilies, coriander leaves and mint leaves into the grinder. Grind until coarse paste is formed. If you want the paste smoother you could make the paste smoother.
- Please don't add water while grinding the mixture. Combine the grounded mixture, reserved ½ cup of sweet corn kernel, finely chopped onion, sieved gram flour and salt.
- Mix all with a spoon or your hand. You should be able to move the mixture it shouldn't be too firm.
- Place oil in a deep vessel. Once oil is hot take the spoon and leave little mixture one by one. Alternatively you could use your hand to shape and leave the balls into the hot fry pan.
- Fry few at a time don't cluster with too many. Fry on low / medium heat until golden brown from both sides.
- Serve the corn pakoras hot with chutney or sauce along with tea.
Add chilies as per spice required.
Fry them on medium heat else they would burn Or not fry evenly.
To add mint leaves and coriander leaves is optional. The pakoras taste great with them Or without them.