Learn how to make Fresh Sweet Lime Soda Recipe at home. You could make Fresh Sweet Lime Soda with soda, lemon or limca. I used soda for my drink. If you have uninvited guests this is the easiest drink to make for them. Fresh Sweet Lime Soda is light, refreshing and acts as a appetizer too.
My recipe for Fresh Sweet Lime Soda Recipe is the local style made on the streets of Mumbai. If you happen to be in Mumbai you would get Fresh Sweet Lime Soda at many corners, stalls and joints easily. I usually have this before or with my food.
The main ingredient for Fresh Sweet Lime Soda are lemons, soda, sugar, spices and herbs. You could make you own variation by changing the herbs and spices.
Fresh Sweet Lime Soda Recipe below:
- 2 mediums sized limes
- 6 tbsp sugar or as required
- 1.5 cup water
- 1.5 cup soda / limca / lemonade (I used soda)
- 1 t/s cumin powder
- black salt or rock salt as per taste
- some mint leaves
- few ice cubes
- some lime slices (optional)
- First slice the limes into halves. Squeeze the juice minus the seed with the help of a squeezer or with the help of your palm.
- Add water, sugar into the lime juice. Mix all nicely and keep stirring until sugar dissolves. Add cumin powder and black salt, mix all nicely. Keep this lime syrup aside.
- Take ¼th of lime syrup and pour half glass of soda. If using limca use less of lime-sugar syrup as limca or lemon are already sweet.
- Now add ice cubes along with mint leaves and lemon slices if using.
- Serve the Fresh Sweet Lime Soda chilled. If the syrup remains preserve in the fridge for future use.
2. Use the sugar and salt as per your own discretion.