Instant Chakli Recipe – How to make Instant Chakli recipe at home? This is my second post on Chakli that too an instant one. Previous one was on Instant wheat chaklis this one is made from refined flour. Let’s learn how to make instant chaklis today. No fuss, no complications, simple and easy instructions you follow and result would be crisper, firmer and delicious chaklis.
Just like Diwali even during Xmas we make chaklis. Also other Diwali sweets like shankarpali, karanji and cookies (nankatai) are made during xmas. However there are some other desserts like cakes, bread, rose cookies, kal kal, marzipans, etc are made during Xmas some people also make wine at home.
I have been very busy making christmas delicacies and savories at home. So have been a bit slow to blog. However I am removing sometime today to post these instant chaklis as its easy to make and takes minimum time and effort than bhajni chaklis. There have been a huge list from my readers and friends for various recipes. Just give me some more time will post one by one but only in Jan 2013 😉
Just completed a year of marriage and when people ask me how was it? I tell them honestly I don’t know it just flew by and that’s the fact. Guess adjustments, compromise and adapting to a new life takes this much time that one doesn’t realize Not that I am complaining but I am being frank as I am extremely independent and also sometimes very egoistic. Hmmm at the same time I am jovial and fun loving person.
Anyways I am falling short of time today so lemme quickly share the instant chakli recipe with you.
How to make Instant Chakli recipe below:
Yields : 100 chaklis (also depends on shape and size)
1. Take a big vessel and combine refined flour + rice flour. Pour the warm oil + hot water. Allow the mixture to rest for 10 mins.
4. Fry them until golden brown from both the sides. Fry few at a time don’t cluster with too many Or they might break.
Instant Chakli recipe card below:
- 1 kg refined flour (maida)
- 1 kg rice flour
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp carom seed (ajwain)
- 2 tbsp cumin seed (jeera)
- 4 tbsp white sesame seed (safed til)
- 1 t/s asofoetida (hing)
- 100 ml hot oil
- 2 cups hot water
- salt as per taste
- 4 cups oil for deep frying chaklis
- Equipment required:
- chakli maker (available at any Indian Utensil shop)
- Take a big vessel and combine refined flour + rice flour. Pour the warm oil + hot water. Allow the mixture to rest for 10 mins.
- Add carom seeds, cumin seeds, asofoetida, turmeric, red chili powder, sesame seeds and salt. Knead into a firm dough add little water if it’s too dry.
- Wrap with a damp cloth Or cling flim and allow the dough to rest for 15 mins. You could also place in the fridge if you want to make chaklis the next day.
- Spread newspaper and cut some squares from newspaper. Put some dough into chakli maker and remove medium sized chaklis.
- Place a kadai Or a deep vessel with oil on high heat. Once oil is hot reduce the temperature to medium heat. Gently slide the chaklis from the cut outs into the vessel Or slide chaklis gently with your hands.
- Fry them until golden brown from both the sides. Fry few at a time don’t cluster with too many Or they might break.
- Store them into an airtight container would last for 10 to 12 days at room temperature.