Paneer Bhurji Recipe – is so easy could be made anytime of the day for your loved ones. Paneer is cottage cheese and bhurji means scrambled hence the title. This dish is one of the quickest dish to make during energy crisis, time crisis or sometimes mood crisis 🙂 for people like me.
I am sure it does happen with everyone as what to cook today? So many challenges firstly to cook something which everyone likes or make 2-3 dishes as per need and requirement. Anyways whenever I am in such a fix situation tend to make most quickest and simplest dishes which doesn’t require much of my attention, energy and time.
This recipe is best replacement for vegetarians instead of eggs. Also paneer is great for calcium, proteins for growing body. They are also loved by kids and adults. My place hubby isn’t fond of paneer but he loves paneer bhurji with toasted butter bread or paratha.
We has paneer bhurji, bhindi masala, toasted bread and some rotis for dinner. Thanks to my hubby now I love bhindi else I wasn’t so fond of them earlier. This dish paneer used is fresh, soft and crumbly textured. Homemade paneer would be preferred for this recipe.
Dish comprises of onion, tomatoes, ginger, chilies, herbs and spices. All these could be easily found in your kitchen. Sometimes when the bhurji remain I just use them as filling in sandwiches along with cheese then toast or grill them for breakfast. They just taste yum with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
How to make paneer bhurji recipe stepwise by step:
1. Firstly heat pan with oil then add shahi jeera (black cumin). Saute until you hear the crackling sound.
2. Add chopped ginger and saute until the raw smell disappears.
3. Now add chopped onion.
4. Saute for 2-3 mins.
5. You would see they would start changing the color and they become translucent. If you wish you could fry them till they change color to light brown but don’t burn them.
6. Add tomatoes and saute.
7. Now put half garam masala, turmeric, chili powder and sugar.
8. Also add chopped green chilies.
9. Mix all nicely and cook until tomatoes soften.
10. Time to add pav bhaji masala.
11. Add crumbled paneer.
12. Mix all nicely use a masher to mash the paneer.
13. Put the coriander leaves and mix well.
14. Cook and stir for 1-2 mins. Lastly add salt and roasted cumin powder.
15. Switch off the gas and serve paneer bhurji with a dollop of butter hot with phulkas, roti or toasted bread.
Paneer Bhurji recipe card below:
- 200-250 gms paneer crumbled with hand
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp black cumin (shahi jeera)
- 2 medium sized onion chopped finely (pyaz)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped finely (tamatar)
- ½ inch ginger chopped finely (adrak)
- 2-3 green chilies chopped finely (hari mirch)
- ¼th tsp turmeric (haldi)
- ¼th tsp kashmri chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped finely
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt as required
- some lime wedges
- 1 tbsp butter (optional)
- Firstly heat pan with oil then add caraway seed. Saute until you hear the crackling sound.
- Add chopped ginger and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add onion.
- Saute for 2-3 mins.
- You would see they would start changing the color.
- Add tomatoes and saute.
- Now put garam masala, chili powder,
turmericand sugar. Alsoadd chopped green chilies.
- Mix all nicely and cook until tomatoes soften.
- Time to add pav bhaji masala.
- Add crumbled paneer.
- Mix all nicely use a masher to mash the paneer.
- Put the coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cook and stir for 1-2 mins. Lastly add salt, rest of garam masala and roasted cumin powder.
- Switch off the gas and serve paneer bhurji with a dollop of butter hot with phulkas, roti or toasted bread.
2. Ensure the tomatoes are cooked and softened else your bhurji wouldn't be dry.
3. Don't over-cook the paneer else they would taste rubbery.
4. Home-made soft paneer is great for paneer bhurji recipe.