Healthy Appetizer Drink Amla Sharbet! Amla is Indian Gooseberry full of vitamin C and antioxidants. It’s also a great cooler in summer, refreshes your body and builds up immunity. In Ayurveda amla is known for it’s benefits. It’s great for hair, skin, digestive system and nourishes body.
Amla + Palak = amla palak sharbet. For people who don’t know what is palak? palak are spinach leaves. Also added some mint leaves idea was to make something healthy without much effort. I love juices but to make them everyday is headache for me. Hence I thought of coming up with something healthy which I can drink daily with one time effort. That’s me looking for shortcuts and quick way of making healthy recipes.
Spinach is great for iron hence this Amla Sharbet has a great nutritional value. Also I use less sugar for less calories so you could add more sugar as per your preference. You could use organic jaggery to make it more healthier.
Infact I am sipping my Amla Sherbet while writing this post. I drink them everyday whenever I want to and how much I want to.No more increasing your anxiety let’s proceed to make this drink.
Amla Sharbet recipe details listed below:
- 250 gmsfresh amla (indian gosseberry)
- 10 to 12 spinach leaves
- ½ inch ginger
- 7 to 8 mint leaves
- 3 cups water
- 200 gms organic sugar/sugar/organic jaggery powder/jaggery powder
- 1.5 tbsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 1.5 tbsp fennel seed powder
- 1.5 tbsp chat masala
- black salt as per taste
- Wash the amlas pressure cook until one whistle. Deseed the amlas chop them finely.
- Wash spinach leaves, mint leaves and ginger. Chop them too.
- Combine chopped amla, spinach, mint and ginger into a processor. Grind until they all blend well. Later add a cup of water
- blend until smooth puree is formed.
- Pour the mixture over mesh strainer. Sieve the mixture alternatively you could sieve over a linen cloth. Squeeze the pulp to
- extract more juice over strainer. Discard the pulp.
- Add 2 cups of water to the collected juice. Stir sugar, all spiced powder and black salt as per taste. You could use electric
- beater to mix all Or manually stir in.
- Store them in edible bottles Or containers into the fridge. Should last you for 12 to 14 days.
2. Add sugar as per your preference.
3. If using jaggery powder then blend the sherbet into the mixture and strain again as jaggery might have impurities and particles.
Maria John says
Healthy & refreshing drink…nice clicks..
Thanks Maria I am happy you liked the clicks do try the drink 🙂
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com says
Delish! I’ve never had amla before. Shocker, i know 😀
Now do try Amla sherbet surely Kiran 🙂
suzanne Perazzini says
What an unusual drink. I agree about spinach – it’s a great healthy food.