My favorite Chocochip Icecream Recipe comes with two secret ingredient’s! I have always loved the chocochip icecream from natural brand since college days. I don’t know what took me so long to make this icecream at home all this while. If you want to know the secret ingredients then scroll for the recipe below 😉
I have used cocoa powder instead of chocolate. Chocochip Icecream Recipe doesn’t require any icecream machine or churner. It’s a no fuss yet yummy icecream. It is soft, smooth and melts in your mouth. I had made this day befor as we had some close friends home. The best part was this icecream wasn’t set so gave them the strawberry icecream. To my luck I ate 2 bowls of chocochip icecream for lunch today 😉 you read right. I am crazy about icecream could them eat anytime of the day.
The craziness for icecream, kulfis started since childhood. During marriages I used to play with kids, do pranks, skip my meals and eat 7 to 8 plates of icecream as my meals. This still continues although I don’t skip my meal but don’t skip my frozen treat too 🙂 🙂
Lets’s get started as don’t wanna make you impatient. Also the two secret ingredients are coffee powder and whisky.
Chocochip Icecream Recipe and printable version below:
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 150 gm sugar (I used organic sugar)
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 2 tbsp heaped cocoa powder (I used hershey's brand)
- 1 tbsp strong coffee powder
- 1 tbsp whisky (optional)
- 1 t/s sea salt
- 100 gm chocochip + 2 tbsp chocochip for garnish
- Combine coffee powder and cocoa powder in boiling water. Give a nice stir and sieve the mixture. Discard the leftover and use the strained mixture.
- Mix sieved mixture, cream, sugar, sea salt and whisky if using. Grind all until smooth mixture is formed.
- Pour into the icecream moulds. Cover with a foil and allow to freeze.
- Once its semi frozen add the chocochips over top. Allow to completely freeze.
- Scoop the icecream, dust some cocoa powder and top with some chocochips. Enjoy your icecream.
- Serve chocochip icecream with chocolate sauce.
2.You could skip whisky and follow rest of recipe.
3.It's important to mix the coffee and cocoa powder in hot boiling water before mixing into the icecream for better result. Also don't forget to sieve the mixture as sometimes the coffee powder tend to be coarse.