Easy Chocolate Peda recipe with stepwise instructions. This recipe could be made in less than 20 mins. Also its easy and quick recipe always convenient to make when you have less time on hand. Warning you they are quite addictive!
Pedas are a traditional Indian sweet distributed across India during the festival or auspicious occasion. I love chocolates hence combined them with pedas thus making chocolate pedas.
I have used milk choco chips for the chocolate flavor but you could use cocoa powder instead. Also, I have used Callebaut brand you could use any good brand.
It’s raining cats and dog’s here while I am writing this post. Thankfully there would be sufficient water for everyone considering the inadequate rainfall so far.
This sweet is made mainly from condensed milk and milk powder. Reason being the readers abroad are unable to use mava (milk fudge) so made with condensed milk. I have used the Indian brand Mithai Mate you could use any good brand.
To further give them intricate pattern on top have used the peda stamps. I know the next question coming up would be where do you get peda stamper. I would help you here purchase them online hope this helps’ you 🙂 I am sharing the pic for peda stamper below.
The challenge while making these are the milk powder could get lumpy. We need a smooth and lump free mixture. Not to worry just blend them with a hand blender and you are sorted. I did the same and result was smooth pedas.
I am on a spree of making Indian sweets due to Ganesha festival approaching soon. So busy making them and distributing amongst friends and family. I have a sweet tooth just visited dentist last month 😉
My friend and her son enjoyed these chocolate pedas. If you asked me I loved them too.
Let’s make Chocolate Peda recipe with stepwise instructions:
- In a heated nonstick pan or heavy bottomed sauce pan add condensed milk, ghee and milk powder.
2. Combine them you would see some lumps formed in the mixture.
3. Don’t worry just use a hand blender to blend and they would appear smooth.
4. Add cardamom, nutmeg powder and salt.
5. Also add the saffron infused milk.
6. Keep stirring the mixture. Once it starts thickening add the choco chips.
7. The chocolate would start melting. Keep stirring until the mixture starts leaving the edges of the pan. I don’t have a pic for this step.
8. Now remove this mixture on a greased plate. Allow to cool or you could refrigerate them for some time.
9. Grease your hand and shape into small balls.
10. Stamp them with the peda stamper gently. I have taken the pic of my other post which I would be posting soon. But to show how it’s stamped on pedas have used this pic. As I forgot to click the pic while stamping the chocolate pedas .
11. Store them in fridge should last for 4-5 days.
If you are looking for more Indian sweets then do check Mathura peda, mawa peda, coconut laddoo recipe, coconut barfi recipe, chocolate modak, patoleo recipe and nankhatai recipe.
Chocolate Peda recipe card below:
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 200 gm sweetened condensed milk
- 100 gm milk powder
- 6-7 saffron strands infused in 1 tbsp hot milk (optional)
- 1.5 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp chocochip of any good brand or 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- a pinch of nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp vetiver water or rose water (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- In a hot non stcik pan or heavy bottomed sauce pan add condensed milk, ghee and milk powder.
- Combine them you would see some lumps formed in the mixture.
- Don't worry just use a hand blender and they would appear smooth.
- Add cardamom, nutmeg powder, salt and saffron infused with milk.
- Keep stirring the mixture. Once it starts thickening add the chocochip,
- The chocolate would start melting. Keep stirring until the mixture starts leaving the edges of the pan. Please don't overcook this mixture. Once they cool you should be able to form balls. If they are still soft then cook again for some more time
- Now remove this mixture on a greased plate. Allow to cool or you could refrigerate them for some time.
- Grease your hand and shape into small balls. Stamp them with the peda stamper gently.
- Serve your chocolate with other sweets. Store them in the fridge, should last for 4-5 days.
2.If you don't have stampers don't worry just give a small dent towards the center of the pedas with your thumb. Decorate with pistachio or nuts.
3.Adding saffron infused milk is optional.
have bookmarked this will try these pedas soon they look yummm
Sure Meenakshi and thankyou.