I have pampered my self too much with chocolates hence came up with Coffee Walnut Bread Recipe! Best time to eat these sweet savory Coffee Walnut Bread would be during tea time Or cup of coffee. Actually I can eat them anytime of the day :)………..These Coffee Walnut Bread is easy to make and no rocket science required.
The coffee gives a mild flavor and the toasted walnuts gives a nice crunch and nutty flavor to the Coffee Walnut Bread. I could have called this as eggless Or low fat Coffee Walnut Bread. As the bread is healthy, less oily and no eggs.
You could make coffee walnut bread at any occasion be it Easter or Christmas. If you love breads then check some recipes like laadi pav, tutti frutti buns, spicy swirl bread, homemade garlic bread with cheese and stuffed bread.
- 450 gms flour Or 3 cups flour (I used half whole wheat flour and half of refined flour)
- 2 tbsp instant Or espresso coffee powder mixed with 200 ml boiling milk
- 1.5 tbsp fresh yeast mixed with 100 ml lukewarm water
- 75 gms castor sugar Or light muscovado sugar
- 2 t/s salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil/butter/margarine
- 100 gms toasted chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp tuti fruity Or candies
- Equipment's Required:
- loaf pan
- damp cloth Or towel
- Preheat oven at 200°C ten mins before baking. Grease the loaf pan generously with olive oil/butter.
- Mix coffee in hot milk along with 2 tbsp castor/brown sugar. Stir well until coffee dissolves in milk. Allow to cool.
- Take lukewarm water you should be able to dip your finger into it. Combine yeast, salt and 2 tbsp castor/brown sugar. Give it a stir. Place it in a humid place° for 7 to 8 mins.
- Once the yeast gets frothy. It’s ready to use.
- Sift flour, salt, corn flour. Now pour the frothy yeast along with coffee-milk mixture. Also combine reserved castor/brown sugar.
- Now utilize all your muscle strength to knead a dough. Also add toasted walnuts and candies now.
- Dough should be soft, smooth and without any lumps. Lastly add olive oil.
- Keep it in a humid place covered with a damp cloth. Place them on the greased loaf pan. After 30 mins the dough will beautifully rise.
- Bake at 200°C for about 14 to 15 mins Or brown from top. Your Coffee Walnut Bread is ready. Glaze with butter.
- Allow to cool slice the bread with a warm knife. Serve coffee walnut bread with cheese Or butter.
2. Discard yeast if i's not frothy. Instead use fresh yeast.
3. I prefer my bread less sweet hence less sugar. You could add more sugar if required.
4. Instead of loaf pan you could make your own shape like buns, bagels and bake this bread.
5. Also for toasted walnuts just bake them at 180°C for 10 mins.
Love the bread maria!!! looks so warm…just feel like grabbing it from here and have it immediately 🙂 will try the recipe soon :))
Thanks Pavitra….. 😉
Ha! Now the rocket scientists are getting less and less requests for help from bakers that want to make bread. I don’t want them here when I bake this-more for me to eat. Thanks for posting this tasty breakfast bread recipe-yum!
Hey Tina…do try them its yummy 🙂
Mmm this walnut bread looks fantastic! What a perfect breakfast recipe! 🙂
Thanks Kelly do try them!