Simple, easy and refreshing Cold Coffee Recipe! Cold Coffee with icecream has always been my favorite drink to order in hotel and cafes. I am sure we all have had cold coffee and most of us love them with a scoop of icecream. Now icecream you could add of your choice or make a chocolate icecream at home and have your Cold Coffee Recipe with icecream. Even in Mumbai cold coffee is quite famous and you get them at all joints easily.
There are 2 ways of making cold coffee one is you blend everything and make. The second way is to make the coffee syrup and store in the fridge and mix them with milk and make your cold coffee. I prefer the latter one as coffee boiled in water gives a different impact and strong flavor to cold coffee.
It’s good to use instant coffee powder but if you have a strong coffee powder. Don’t worry just boil coffee with water then strain and your syrup is ready to use. If you are a vegan or have milk allergies then use almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk or coconut milk.
To make the cold coffee more creamier and thicker you could add dash of fresh cream or a scoop of icecream. However I haven’t added cream as did’t wanted to make my coffee fatty. Also prefer to see and eat icecream then mix it with the shake 😉
Cold Coffee Recipe and printable version below:
- 4 tbsp coffee powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
- 5 tbsp hot water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 cups milk
- few ice cubes
- scoop of chocolate or any icecream of your choice (optional)
- First mix coffee powder and cocoa powder if using with hot water. Boil for 2 mins until all dissolves. Add sugar and boil for a minute more until sugar dissolves.
- Now strain the mixture with a mesh strainer.
- Combine 2 tbsp of the coffee solution with milk and icecubes. Blend until all blends well.
- Serve cold coffee in tall glasses with a scoop of icecream of your choice.
2. Reserve the rest of coffee solution in fridge for making cold coffee in future.
3. I had kept serving glasses in freezer for 10 mins. Then added some hersheys chocolate sauce in each chilled glass. Just rotated the glass to make a pattern. Again put them in the fridge and put the cold coffee. This is optional.
4. If you like strong cold coffee than add more coffee solution.