Corn Pakodas Recipe is a lip smacking snack to munch during monsoon or any weather. Everyone knows corn and its quite popular across all over the world. The weather is cool and I was feeling hungry during evening which is time for my Tea Time Snacks. I instantly opened my fridge to check what can I cook and my eyes fell on lovely yellow sweet corn. Pop the idea struck me like a bullseye to make corn pakoras. Corn Pakodas are a perfect snack item with hot cup of tea on open terrace with cool breeze.
I remember during rainy day the Bhutta wala in Mumbai at several places sell Bhuttas also has a coal stove on his wooden cart. No sooner people will gather to eat the roasted bhutta. To the roasted bhutta he mixes his special masala,sqeezes lime juiceand rub on all sides of Bhutta and serves his customers hot hot bhutta. I also have had roasted bhuttas many a times in Mumbai since childhood.
Corn also called Maize, Makai ,Bhutta in India is very famous vegetable. Corn is used in various kinds and you get indefinite products from corn such as Corn Oil,Corn starch, Corn flour, Corn Oil ,Pop Corn …. the list goes on
Nowadays you get just corn buds seperated from the husks, corn pulp, corn soup, whole corn,american corn, Indian corn ,dried corn…… The thumbrule for corn is “As soon as you get fresh corn eat them”…… if not eaten than freeze them! Corn has a great source of folic acid,vitamins,magnesium and phosphorus. Corn also a good blend of essential fatty acids and is a rich source of fibre. Corn is also got healing benefits for constipation also helps in anemia and gout.
You can just boil corn toss them in a pan with some butter, Black pepper powder, chaat masala and eat them hot. It really tastes yummy and tasty. With Bhutta or Corn you can make a variety of dishes like Makai ki Sabji, Makai ki Roti, Masala Corn, Corn Cheese Chily toast, Corn patties, Sweet Corn Soup, Baby corn with tofu or paneer etc..
Let’s make step by step Corn Pakodas Recipe:
1. Firstly boil the corn and scrape them with a knife and keep the corn aside. Alternatively you could use frozen corn.
2. Slice ginger, chilies, garlic and add salt.
3. Grind all in a mixer along with the scraped corn to form a thick paste.
4. Now add chopped onion, cumin powder, turmeric powder, besan (gram flour) into the corn mixture and mix well with spoon or hand.
5. Heat oil in a kadhai or a vessel form small round shapes with hand and add them into kadhai for frying on a medium fire.
6. Once the pakoras turn golden brown and crisp than remove them from fire and keep them on the serving plate. Place some absorbent napkins over them to absorb excess oil . Serve the Corn Pakoras hot with chutney, sauce and a cup of hot tea or coffee
Corn Pakodas Recipe below:
- 2 corn boiled or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 big sized onion chopped finely
- 2 to 3 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger (adrak)
- 2 t/s cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1 t/s turmeric (haldi) powder
- 4 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 3 strands of coriander leaves (kothmir)
- 2 cups Oil for frying
- Salt as per taste
- Firstly boil the corn and scrape them with a knife and keep the corn aside.
- Slice ginger,chillies,garlic and add salt.
- Grind all in a mixer along with the scraped corn to form a thick paste.
- Now add chopped onion, cumin powder, turmeric powder, besan (gram flour) into into the corn mixture and mix well with spoon or hand.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or a vessel form small round shapes with hand and add them into kadhai for frying on a medium fire.
- Once the pakoras turn golden brown and crisp than remove them from fire and keep them on the serving plate.
- Place absorbent napkins over them to absorb excess oil.
- Serve Corn Pakoras hot with chutney, sauce and a cup of hot tea or coffee
2. The mixture should be thick please don't add water else you won't be able to fry corn pakodas properly.