Lets eat some Dill Leaves Pakoras today 🙂 try these dill leaves pakoras for tea time snacks which are great for fussy kids and adults who dislike greens in their diet. Add greens in your fritters by adding green leaves like spinach, fenugreek Or dill leaves. Dill leaves are known as sua, sepu In India and Pakoras are fritters hence the name Dill Leaves Pakoras!
Please don’t mistaken these fritters for venkys chicken just used them as a prop for my food pic 😉 …….To eat pakoras in monsoon altogether gives a different pleasure. But for a person like me there is no season Or reason to eat pakoras. I can gulp them anytime when I feel like 😉 although I miss my mom’s pakoras how much I used to relish them. I will soon meet her up! I miss my pet too and she will always be alive in my heart and mind.
Offlate I have been brainstorming with so many ideas for my blog. I just thought of sharing some basic baking tips to everyone click on the link. I won’t stop here will soon come up with more unique ideas of baking for beginners.
Dill Leaves Pakoras recipe card below:
- 2 cup oil
- 1 bunch of dill leaves (sepu Or sua)
- 2 cups gram flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 t/s turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp coriander seed powder (dhaniya)
- 1 tbsp fennel seed powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seed powder
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 1 t/s asofoetida (hing)
- 8 to 10 groundnuts crushed
- salt as per taste
- some warm water
- Chop the dill leaves finely and keep aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl except oil and warm water. Now add the chopped dill leaves and give a nice mix.
- Add little warm water and mix with your finger Or spatula. The consistency should be thick enough. If it's too dry add little water if too thin add more gram flour to it.
- Take a deep frying pan add oil. Place on high heat once oil is hot reduce the heat. Take a spoon and scoop out the batter one by one. Don't cluster too many at a time. Fry few until nice crispy and golden brown on medium heat. Repeat the same with rest of batter.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and tea.
2.The batter consistency shouldn't be too thick Or thin.
3.You could make same fritters with spinach Or fenugreek leaves.
4.Place them on absorbent napkins to absorb excess oil.