Egg Curry Recipe – made with Indian spices and herbs….. Let me tell you this curry is simple to make. The taste of this curry blends well with steamed rice or bread or chapati. You will not know the taste unless you make them.. Eggs are also called as anda or baida in India.
There are lot of variations In India to make an Egg curry. Some use grounded spices, some whole, some make in tomato, some make in coconut. Hence lots of flavor and varaitions.
Again this egg curry is my moms fusion with various Indian spices. She has used fresh grated coconut and also desiccated coconut. I loved and relished this yum curry. My pet loved it too. All I have to say is east or west moms are the best :).. Thank you God for blessing me with such great food which brings a bliss to my stressful life.
How to make step by step Egg Curry Recipe:
1. Boil 5 eggs remove their shell. Keep them aside. The remaining one egg don’t boil as we will directly add it in the curry.
2. Take a pan add 1 tbsp oil. Keep the gas on medium flame. Once oil is hot add fennel seeds and saute.
3. Once they crackle saute chopped onion along with 12 to 14 curry leaves.
4. Now add desiccated coconut and saute.
5. Its time to add green chilies.
6. Also add chopped garlic and ginger. Saute all of them until nice brown.
7. Finally add fresh grated coconut. Stir for 2 mins more.
8. Combine the above mixture into the grinder. Grind until smooth paste is formed.
9. Chop Tomatoes, rest of onion, Coriander leaves.
10. Take a big wok or vessel add rest of oil. Once oils is hot add the remaining chopped onion. Saute for 2 mins on low flame.
11. Now add all spices (Turmeric, Coriander seed powder, Red Chili Powder, Malvani Masala, Garam Masala). Keep stirring all the spices for a minute.
12. Add chopped tomatoes and stir again. The Masala will appear nice red color.
13. Add few coriander leaves too.
14. Pour the coconut paste and stir all.
15. Also add boiled eggs and water.
16. Break the uncooked egg and pour the egg into the curry along with rest of curry leaves. Don’t forget to add salt.
17. Let this cook for 5 to 7 mins on medium flame with semi covered lid.
18. Lastly add curd and boil for another 2 mins. Check the taste add more seasoning if required.
19. Serve your Egg Curry with steamed rice Or Rotis. Garnish with few coriander or curry leaves.
If you are looking for more egg recipes then do check goan egg curry, thai red egg curry, egg chettinad curry, mughlai egg curry , how to boil eggs perfectly, quick egg curry and dry egg masala.
Egg Curry Recipe card Below:
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 Onion chopped (one for paste other for curry)
- 5 to 6 Green Chilies (You can use more if spice required)
- 25 Curry Leaves
- 4 to 5 strands of Coriander Leaves
- 1.5 inch Ginger chopped
- 14 to 15 Garlic chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Grated Coconut
- 6 Eggs
- 8 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1.5 tbsp Malvani Masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander seed powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 6 tbsp Curd
- Salt as per taste
- 2 cups Water Or as consistency required
- Boil 5 eggs remove their shell. Keep them aside. The remaining one egg don't boil as we will directly add it in the curry.
- Take a pan add 1 tbsp oil. Keep the gas on medium flame. Once oil is hot add fennel seeds and saute.
- Once they crackle saute chopped onion along with 12 to 14 curry leaves.
- Now add desiccated coconut and saute.
- Its time to add green chilies.
- Also add chopped garlic and ginger. Saute all of them until nice brown.
- Finally add fresh grated coconut. Stir for 2 mins more.
- Combine the above mixture into the grinder. Grind until smooth paste is formed.
- Chop Tomatoes, rest of onion, Coriander leaves.
- Take a big wok or vessel add rest of oil. Once oils is hot add the remaining chopped onion. Saute for 2 mins on low flame.
- Now add all spices (Turmeric, Coriander seed powder, Red Chili Powder, Malvani Masala, Garam Masala). Keep stirring all the spices for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir again. The Masala will appear nice red color.
- Add few coriander leaves too.
- Pour the coconut paste and stir all.
- Also add boiled eggs and water.
- Break the uncooked egg and pour the egg into the curry along with rest of curry leaves. Don't forget to add salt.
- Let this cook for 5 to 7 mins on medium flame with semi covered lid.
- Lastly add curd and boil for another 2 mins. Check the taste add more seasoning if required.
- Serve your Anda Curry with steamed rice Or Rotis.
- Garnish with few coriander or curry leaves.
2. Vegetarians can add paneer instead of eggs.
3. Also if malvani masala is not there just skip it.
Quick And Simple Egg Curry Recipe makes a delicious dinner or a Sunday brunch when served along with Steamed Rice, Carrot Salad and a Boondi Raita .
Thanks Eron for your kind and honest words.
Andrew Macmilan says
I will try this at home.
Sure Andrew, let me know how it was
Thanks for this amazing recipe. The egg curry turned out to be absolutely delicious…?
Pleased to know this Neeti, thanks for positive feedback. Glad you liked the egg curry recipe 🙂
Made this today , tasted awesome ! Many thanks .
thanks Babita and you are welcome 🙂
Vow very nice dish.
Thankyou Neha there were some typo errors have rectified the same.
Amazing receipe. N veryyyy easy method with pic. Thanx a lot
Thanks Rajashri 🙂 I am glad you liked the recipe….have fun and take care.
Rita Fernandes says
I made anda curry.it came really good. first time I tried your recipe.i like your recipes specially its step by step easy for everyone. …thanks maria for such a lovely recipes. …
You are welcome Rita thankyou for trying the recipe 🙂 keep cooking and do share your views… take care and see you soon 🙂
Dear cooking queen ( yes I mean it from bottom of my taste buds), I just owe u my life for this recipie. I tried this for first time and it was such a hit. My husband relished it until the last spoon. waiting to try more recipies …. do continue to pamper us with your versatile cuisnines. 🙂
Thanks for your kind words I am happy you’ll loved the curry so much. I would surely do my best to come up with more tasty and versatile recipes 🙂 🙂
maria mendonsa says
which way u show pictur tht how to make tht amaizing.good to learn realy, thanks and may god bless
Thanks a ton Maria 🙂
Preeti singh says
hm konsa garam masala use kre jo food ko tasty bnae?
Preeti you could use homemade garam masala here is the link http://www.flavorsofmumbai.com/indian-garam-masala-powder-garam-masala-powder-recipe/ Or Everest brand. Hope this helps you take care. I use mostly homemade garam masala.
Awesome recipe. I didn’t have curry leaves and malwani masala. I added some of the ingredients of malwani masala instead – cardamom, cloves, hing, etc. And it looks great. Tastes great too. Thanks!
Thanks Swapna for trying them 🙂
Awesome receipe. Loved it. thanks for the recipe.
Hi Amy thanks for trying! keep cooking have fun 🙂
ingredients for malvani masala maria pls
Maria Lobbo says
Hi Maria, Your recipes look yummy – I must try some.
Just want to let you know that there is an error with posting the printable version of the Hot & Spicy Anda curry – the one posted is for some cake ….. thought I should bring this to your notice.
Thanks a ton for pointing out already rectified thanks once again 🙂 ………Have fun keep cooking!
neetu srivastava says
love your recipe…step by step presentation…I’ll try this for sure…first time here..do visit my blog too…
Thanks Neetu 🙂 your blog has great Indian Recipes.
I made this dish and it was awesome. I am a vegetarian and i used potatoes instead of egg….. it was really great… Thanks Maria
Hey Neha thanks and I am happy your dish turned out great that too with potatoes ;)……. You are welcome keep cooking have fun girl!
Did you mean cumin and not fennel?
Hey Mandar firstly thanks for stopping by I meant fennel seeds not cumin 🙂 for this recipe.
Tried, Brilliant!Maria, thankyou again!..:)
Thanks fo trying anda curry… Take care 🙂
i will sure try this one too but without the eggs….
You could try making same curry with potatoes, carrots and french beans.