I had mashed potatoes lying in my fridge made some days back. Instantly I thought of making Mashed Potatoes Sandwich. I have added spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, baby corn and onion for Mashed Potatoes Sandwich. I ate all of the Mashed Potatoes Sandwich and didn’t leave anything for my hubby 😉 ………….. reason being Mashed Potatoes Sandwich were healthy, delicious, crunchy and super yum! what else I could have asked for tea time snack!
However I did shared one sandwich with my neighbor. She relished them and enjoyed to the core. Next time I used the same ingredients for pizza at home for some guest kids at home. Even they loved them. The best part of the sandwich is it isn’t toasted Or baked any guesses? It’s shallow fried in butter until crisp and dark brown in color.
Actually whatever veggies are left back in your fridge. You can utilize them to make your sandwich. Yeah but don’t think of using bottle gourd Or fenugreek leaves for your sandwich Unless you like bitter stuff to eat 😉
You can use readymade mashed potatoes Or homemade mashed potatoes. I prefer homemade one. I am not a mayo fan so don’t use much of mayo stuff for burgers and fillings in sandwiches. Love to make something unique for pizza and sandwich base.
Let’s make mashed potatoes sandwich recipe step by step:
1. Keep all the ingredients ready. Ensure your mashed potatoes are not too dry else it won’t spread on your bread evenly. Add a little water to it if it’s too dry. Spread the mashed potatoes with a spatula evenly on 4 slices.
2. Place some spinach leaves over them. Add baby corn, cherry tomatoes. Lastly add chopped onion. Sprinkle some black salt over it.
3. Place cheese slice on the rest 4 slices. Cover them over the filling.
4. Take a pan add 1 tbsp butter. Place on low fire.Gently place the sandwich over the pan. Shallow fry from both sides until nice brown and crispy. Take help of big spatula while turning the sandwich over. Repeat the same with rest of sandwiches.
5. You could also bake them Or toast them. Serve mashed potatoes sandwich hot with sauce.
Mashed Potatoes Sandwich recipe below:
- 8 bread slices
- 4 to 5 tbsp mashed potatoes
- 8 spinach leaves chopped finely
- 8 cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 4 baby corn chopped into thin rounds
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 to 5 tbsp butter to shallow fry
- black salt as per taste
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Ensure your mashed potatoes are not too dry else it won't spread on your bread evenly. Add a little water to it if it's too dry. Spread the mashed potatoes with a spatula evenly on 4 slices.
- Place some spinach leaves over them. Add baby corn, cherry tomatoes. Lastly add chopped onion. Sprinkle some black salt over it.
- Place cheese slice on the rest 4 slices. Cover them over the filling.
- Take a pan add 1 tbsp butter. Place on low fire.Gently place the sandwich over the pan. Shallow fry from both sides until nice brown and crispy. Take help of big spatula while turning the sandwich over. Repeat the same with rest of sandwiches.
- You could also bake them Or toast them.
- Serve the mashed potatoes sandwiches hot with sauce.
2. Also you could make them in sandwich maker.
Wow it looks so amazing. But how to make mashed potatoes at home. I went on d link where u mentioned homemade mashed potatoes but it shows error. BDY simply amazing pics… Keep up d good work
Afreen check this link for mashed potatoes thankyou so much do try the mashed potatoes sandwich tastes yum 🙂
The sandwich turned out to be so so amazing!! I added some burt garlic on top and it worked very well too!… Love your recipes! Keep up the good work :)…. Your husband is a lucky man ;)….. Gonna try the “Shahi Kheema” next 😀
Thankyou Jagruti for sharing your feedback 🙂 yeah burnt garlic tastes great one of my favorite too. Yeah he is a luck man. Surely try and looking forward for your response.
what’s the red sauce?
Karmen it’s red chilly tomato sauce.
Gina at Cateror says
These look like wonderful comfort food! At first I thought you’d made a sandwich with the fried mashed potatoes instead of bread. Hmmm, that might be good, too, come to think of it… Thanks for the ideas and the lovely pictures!
Gina thanks for coming here I am happy you liked the recipe and pics 🙂 trying my hand at food photography! do try them and for sure 🙂
I love this idea! We always have leftovers when I make mashed potatoes and using them for lunch the next day is a wonderful way to not waste and stay on budget. Plus, crispy bread and buttery potatoes…umm, yes.
Thanks Krista for coming here do try them and keep me posted how were they?
Looks delicious – I’m going to give this a try soon! What is that reddish sauce pictured? Is it for dipping the sandwich?
Thanks Bees lemme know how was it? also reddish sauce is a tomato chili garlic sauce.
this is such a great idea! healthier than the average grilled cheese, and more exciting to eat too. cool!
Thanks Icy 🙂
Gastronomic Nomad says
Beautiful pictures and I absolutely love a mashed potatoes sandwich! It’s something that I usually reserve for post-Thanksgiving. Though now, looking at this, I don’t know why. Congrats on top 9!
Thanks a ton!
Kristin @ Per L'Amore Di Cibo says
I love this idea! Hubby would just devour it 🙂
thanks Kristin 🙂 do try them for sure!
I’ve absolutely got to try these.
Thanks Belulu lemme know how were they?
I’m sharing this on my blog’s Daily Foodporn with proper backlink. Keep up your good work.
Thanks a ton OrangAkaun 🙂
Suzanne Perazzini says
Those sandwiches look super healthy and a little different from the run of the mills toasted sandwiches.
Thanks Suzanne 🙂