Matki Sabzi Recipe is a simple, easy and healthy dish. This sabzi goes well as a side dish or when clubbed with roti or rice. You only require sprouted matki which you could sprout at home or buy from the stores. Matki are brown in color and also known as moth beans.
I usually sprout grains at home. As it’s much safer and healthy option. You could also sprout grain at home. Just take a damp cloth and place the grain in them. Place overnight or for 2-3 days. Just ensure you keep the cloth moist with water. Alternatively, you could soak them in water and keep changing the water every day. Once it sprouts then use them as required or keep in the fridge which would last for longer days.
We love sprouts so make them in various ways. This recipe is a quicker version and made with basic ingredients easily found in your kitchen. You could even pack this as a lunch box, side dish or quick meal.
Personally dry sprout sabzi tastes great with chapati, phulkas or even toasted bread. If it’s sprout usual then tastes great with pav or rice. In-fact you could add some farsan on top and eat as usal pav.
If you don’t have matki then use any sprouted grain like mung or masoor. Only boil them or pressure cook them before cooking. This is my own recipe and always make such simple yet healthy dish for my loved ones.
Let’s make Matki Sabzi recipe step by step:
1. Take a pan add oil once hot add the onion.
3. Saute onion until it changes color.
4. Now add tomatoes.
5. Put turmeric powder and mix well.
6. Add sugar to balance the acidity of tomatoes.
7. Saute and cook the tomatoes until they are soft and cooked.
8. Add the boiled matki sprout.
9. Combine all nicely.
10. It’s time to add the green chilies.
12. Finally, add garam masala powder and salt for seasoning. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Combine all nicely, switch off the gas and serve the matki sabzi hot with roti or phulkas.
If you are looking for more sprout recipes then do check mixed sprout paratha, mixed sprout rice recipe, sprout kebab, mung bean sprout, green gram vegetable, mixed sprouts curry, moth bean sprout and sprouted mung bean,
Matki Sabzi Recipe below:
- 200 gms sprouted matki / sprouted moth boiled until tender and cooked
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1 biz sized onion chopped finely
- 1 big sized tomato chopped finely (tamatar)
- 2-3 green chilies chopped finely (hari mirch)
- ¼th tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- ½ inch ginger chopped finely (adrak)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt as required
- few chopped coriander leaves for garnish (dhaniya)
- Take a pan add oil once hot add the onion.
- Also, add the ginger.
- Saute onion until it changes color.
- Now add tomatoes.
- Put turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add sugar to balance the acidity of tomatoes.
- Saute and cook the tomatoes until they are soft and cooked.
- Add the boiled matki sprout.
- Combine all nicely.
- It's time to add the green chilies.
- Finally, add garam masala powder and salt for seasoning. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Combine all nicely, switch off the gas and serve the matki sabzi hot with roti or phulkas
2. Ensure the sprouts are boiled before making the dish. You could pressure cook until 3 whistles.
3. Adding garam masala powder gives a nice flavor and retain's the taste.