Try refreshing Pomegranate Juice recipe with a twist. This Pomegranate Juice has mint, lime juice, black salt and jaggery to give you that extra kick. Pomegranate Juice is great for health at all ages. I used to not like pomegranate juice earlier but when it’s mixed with lime, mint and black salt it tastes great and I just love it.
Pomegranates have lot of health benefits. Its known for building immunity in the body and is loaded with fiber. In Ayurveda Pomegranate seeds, rind and juice is used for curing many problems. It’s good to drink Pomegranate Juice everyday to keep diseases at bay.
Pomegranate is used to make juice, martinis, cocktails, desserts, sweets etc. Even the pomegranate seeds are dried and used in North Indian Cuisine. Pomegranate are called as anar in India and the seeds are called as anardana. Again the seeds have a unique taste and is great for health.
Can you tell me something unique about pomegranates which sets it apart from other fruits…think? any guesses lemme tell you other fruits we discard the seeds and here we eat pomegranate seed. Quite interesting however we never realized 😉
Pomegranate Juice recipe below:
- 1 big sized pomegranate peeled
- 7 to 8 mint leaves
- ½ lime juice
- 1 tbsp black salt
- 2 tbsp jaggery powder
- ½ cup water
- Firstly remove all pomegranate seeds and keep aside. Combine all the above ingredients into a processor Or juicer along with
- pomegranate seed. Grind until all blends well.
- Strain the juice with a strainer Or cloth. Serve chilled with icecubes. Garnish with mint leaves.
2. For variation you could add a dash of chat masala Or amchur powder (dried raw mango powder).
3. Also instead of water you could add a dash of soda for some fizz.
4. It's important to strain the juice before serving.