Fiery, spicy, hot, delicious with a hint of coconut milk is Thai Red Curry Chicken recipe! After making Veg Thai Red Curry paste it was quite natural for me to cook Thai Red Curry :) To make it spicy Or not is upto you if you use less of red paste the curry won’t be that spicy. But I have gone ahead and added 4 tbsp of red paste the taste was just awesome but the spice was hitting us. Even though we enjoyed the curry ate for 2 days in a row.
Lesson learnt next time I make will add only 2 tbsp of red paste. I had made Thai Red Curry Chicken specially for my guests. Guests were nobody but our friends who recently tied a knot together. They enjoyed a lot and even took some curry home along. Not only that evening guests ate this and relished it I was quite happy and satisfied with my cooking. Guess enough of my boasting.
Have eaten plenty of times Thai Red Curry sometimes with veggies sometimes with chicken. I love thai cuisine and some of their recipes are just too great. You could check out the Thai Red Curry paste here on this link.
Also for more chicken recipe on the blog you could check here Indian Green Chicken Curry Recipe, Fried Chicken Recipe, Mughlai Chicken Curry, Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani, Boneless Chicken Tandoori, North Indian Butter Chicken and Shahi Chicken Keema .
Let’s make Thai Red Curry Chicken Recipe together step by step:
1.You would requite 2 tbsp red thai curry paste readymade Or homemade. I have made at home check the link above to the recipe.
2.Put the red curry paste and stir well.
3.Saute until it starts leaving oil at the edges. Take care don’t burn the paste.
4.Now add the boneless chicken stir all well. Saute for 4 to 5 mins. Keep stirring in between.
5.Add carrots, french beans, bell peppers Or potatoes now if adding veggies. Mix all well.
6.It’s time to add dark soy sauce + sugar. Combine all nicely.
7.Put the chopped ginger and chili garlic sauce. Stir again.
8.Cook for 2 mins more. Add coconut milk cover and cook until chicken and potatoes are cooked and tender. Then add kaffir lime leaves, basil leaves if using them. Finally add salt, toasted coconut and lime juice. Simmer for 2 mins more. Now switch off the gas.
10.Serve Thai Red Curry Chicken with jasmine rice Or biryani rice.
Thai Red Curry Chicken Recipe details listed below:
- 2 tbsp red thai curry paste readymade Or homemade red thai paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 750 gms boneless chicken
- 1 carrot chopped into julienne
- ½ cup french beans chopped into long thin julienne
- 2 potatoes chopped into cubes (optional)
- 2 to 3 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 2 to 3 basil leaves (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into squares (optional)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 cups of thick coconut milk homemade Or readymade
- 2 t/s sugar
- 4 tbsp toasted Or roasted desiccated coconut
- ½ lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- salt as per taste
- Firstly toast the desiccated coconut in oven for 180 °C for 10 mins.
- Keep stirring them in between. Alternatively you could roast them on pan placed on low heat. Just toast Or roast them slightly until mild brown. Take care and don’t burn the desiccated coconut. I don’t have a pic for this one.
- Take oil in a wide bottomed saucepan place on medium heat.
- Put the red curry paste and stir well.
- Saute until it starts leaving oil at the edges. Take care don’t burn the paste.
- Now add the boneless chicken stir all well. Saute for 4 to 5 mins. Keep
- stirring in between.
- Add carrots, french beans, bell peppers Or potatoes now if adding veggies. Mix all well.
- It’s time to add dark soy sauce + sugar. Combine all nicely.
- Put the chopped ginger and chili garlic sauce. Stir again.
- Cook for 2 mins more. Add coconut milk cover and cook until chicken and
- potatoes are cooked and tender. Then add kaffir lime leaves, basil leaves if using them.
- Finally add salt, toasted coconut and lime juice. Simmer for 2 mins
- more. Now switch off the gas.
- Serve Thai Red Curry Chicken with jasmine rice Or biryani rice.
2.Also you could add veggies of your own choice. I had added potatoes and carrots in my curry.
3.If you don’t want to make thai paste home you could buy them from stores. However I prefer homemade thai curry paste.
4.Same manner I make coconut milk home. The coconut milk used in this recipe is only thick milk. So take care of that part.
5.Cook the Thai Red Curry Chicken on low heat or medium heat.
6.If you don’t like spice then add only 2 tbsp red paste or lesser than that.
7.I have used normal steamed rice but mostly thai cury is eaten with Jasmine Rice.