My next addition to cutlets are carrot potato cutlet Indian recipe! I love making such kind of healthy cutlets which are shallow fried. Carrot Potato Cutlet is easy, healthy, kid friendly and provides warmth in monsoon. My hubby ate the entire plate of cutlets offered to him thankfully I had eaten earlier 😉
Have a look at my collection of cutlets / patties / chop. Hope you will enjoy them Goan Mushroom Cutlet, Goan Peas Potato Chop, Beetroot Patties Indian, Pumpkin Sweet Potato Patties, Crispy Shrimp Patties, Corn Tikki Patties and Sweet Potato Patties
Now cutlets, patties, chops are also called as vegetable cakes. Surprisingly one dish and so many names. This is my own version of patties as I just follow my instincts while making food. In Pune you don’t get fresh fish easily so I make some tasty stuff so we don’t miss on sea food. Eating vegetarian food is a great choice provided it’s yummy 🙂 🙂
The mixture for this cutlet can be made in advance and kept in the fridge. remove 15-20 mins before making. Make them at your convenience. Carrot Potato Cutlet is one of the best snack to go into lunch box Or children tiffin box. Infact you can make these during tea time snack as well.
Thanks to rain the atmosphere is quite pleasant which drives me to eat and cook more food.ape into small balls about an inch. Slightly flatten them with your palm. Place a frying non stick pan over medium heat with oil. Wait until oil is getting hot.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 medium sized boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 green chili chopped finely
- 1 tbsp cumin seed powder
- 1 tbsp fennel seed powder
- 1 tbsp anardana powder (dried pomegranate seed powder)
- 1 t/s hing (asofoetida)
- 1 1 t/s turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 12 to 14 crushed groundnuts
- 2 tbsp rice flour for mixture + 1.5 tbsp rice flour for coating
- few chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt / black salt as per taste
- few lime wedges for garnishing
- Firstly boil the potatoes until tender in microwave Or pressure cooker. Peel the skin and mash the potatoes.
- Now grate the carrot and mix with potato. Combine all the above ingredients except oil. Mix all with your finger. Rub some oil on your palms.
- Shape into small balls about an inch. Slightly flatten them with your palm. Place a frying non stick pan over medium heat with oil. Wait until oil is getting hot.
- Spread some rice flour and roll these balls over them. Place them on hot pan. Shallow fry them until golden brown and crisp from all sides.
- Garnish with lime wedges. Serve hot with tomato sauce and Tea.