Easy eggless chocolate chip cookies recipe made with condensed milk. These are one of my favorite cookies. They are crumbly, soft, smooth and melt in your mouth. Who on earth wouldn’t be fond of chocolate chip??? Let me know if there is anyone 😉
This recipe is my own version as I am innovative and keep experimenting with baking all the time. I wonder what took me long to post this recipe as I am so regularly baking them. We had planned to got to Mumbai last weekend at my sis-in-law’s place had made 2 batches of them. Also had made pistachio cookies would soon post that recipe too.
The moment the kids saw them they vanished in a jiffy. Even the others loved them which gave me satisfaction and innate happiness. Cooking good food and seeing people enjoying them gives altogether a different level of happiness!
For this recipe you have to bake them for little extra time. Also the dough has to be refrigerated as it’s too soft to handle otherwise. So once it’s chilled it’s easier to roll or slice then bake them. I took about 20-22 mins at 170º C since all oven has different capacity once the cookie is slightly browned towards the edges. That mean’s they are baked allow to cool if it’s still soft then bake for some time more.
I remember the first time I had made cookies they had become so hard. But after regular baking have mastered the art of baking. So don’t worry if your cake or cookie doesn’t turn out the way they should. As we would become an expert only after making several mistakes and taking the corrective action’s to rectify the same.
Let’s make eggless chocolate chip cookies recipe stepwise:
If you are fond of eggless cookies then do check eggless shrewsbury cookie, eggless double chocolate cookies, nankhatai, goan nankhatai, eggless coconut cookies, eggless tutti frutti cookies, eggless jam cookies and eggless vanilla cookies.
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe card below:
- 2 cup of flour or 16 oz / all purpose flour (refined flour or maida)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp of chocolate chip or as required
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or essence
- Firstly sift flour, salt, baking soda, milk powder and corn flour. Place them aside.
- Combine condensed milk and butter in a mixing bowl. Beat until they appear soft and smooth.
- Now add the sifted flour and fold with the help of a rubber spatula.
- Also add vanilla essence and mix well. I don't have a pic for this step.
- Don't over-mix the dough just bring them together. Place on a baking paper wrap nicely and keep in the fridge for 40 mins or place in the freezer for 10-15 mins.
- Unwrap the dough just rub some butter on your palm. Shape them into lemon sized balls. Place them on a greased tray or dish leaving an inch space apart from each other. Gently flatten them and gently pierce some chocolate chips all over the top. Alternatively you could add them in the dough towards the end just before placing them in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven for 15 mins at 180ºC. Place the greased pan with cookies reduce the temperature to 170ºC and bake for 20-22 mins or until they are baked.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack. Once they are at room temperature store them into an air-tight container or box. Serve your eggless chocolate chip cookies with milk or tea.
2.It's important you allow the to chill in the fridge before shaping them.
3.I have just gently press the chocolate chips all over the cookie. But you could add them in the dough towards the ends before placing them in the fridge.
4.If you do not have vanilla extract or essence then just add some nutmeg powder instead.
Hi..I have a convection oven so are the baking and preheating time same in Normal and convection? Also can i use parchment paper or aluminum foil while using the same receipe?
Yashika the capacity and heat temperature varies from oven to oven. Yes you can use parchment paper or butter paper for baking this cake. Hope have answered to all your queries, thanks.
Hi Maria…where can I find rubber spatulas in Mumbai?
Rima you should get them at all leading stores like hyper city or cake shops selling cake products areas like Malad west orlem, ic -colony Borivali west and Bandra west. Hope this help’s you.
If v do not use condensed milk what is the alternative
Jasmeet you could us milk instead but then you would have to add powdered sugar as well. Hope this help’s you.
Mohini verlekar says
Taste wise too good, but soft in texture….i baked it for 25 min, but it started darkening…so i bkd next batch for 20min. Kids loved its taste and fnsd off the first batch in min. Maria cn the butter or milk maid proportion b reduced to gv it a dough texture. Thks!
Mohin hope you allow the cookie to cool down. Secondly you may reduce the condensed milk but add little sugar then. Actually bake for 160 degree C for 25 mins and see as the temperature and capacity of all oven are different. Hope this helps you.
Mohini verlekar says
Maria am just mkg these cookies but my dough has nt become like the way its in the pic am unable to assemble it together, its more like chocolate cookies batter….so i hv just covered the container in which i hv mixed wth cling and placed it in fridge. Let c how it turns out…just keeping my fingers crossed. Just wntd to knw whether 10tbsp of butter is equal to 142gms…as hd chkd on net qty before using it…
Mohini yeah my batter was also not doughy but once you refrigerate it becomes firm.