Eggless Coconut cookies recipe with stepwise instructions. They are crunchy from out, soft from within and just melts in your mouth. This is no butter eggless coconut cookie recipe. Instead of butter have used organic coconut oil but you could use butter if you wish to.
I have used desiccated coconut powder for this recipe. Also due to the addition of bananas they taste more flavorful also a great combination. In India many sweets are made combining banana and coconut hence thought of adding bananas with coconut.
This cookie recipe is quite a different recipe. Keep experimenting and this recipe is the outcome of that. We love bananas in our dessert. Also, make these cookies quite often they are quite addictive.
Further, I have topped them with almond and cashews but it’s optional. I love baking cookies as they are easier and consume less time then cakes or any other dessert. Also, the best part is you could keep the cookie dough in the freezer and use them for later use.
Even kids would love these cookies. If you have cholesterol problems then just limit to one or two cookies as dry coconut as high cholesterol. So be careful while indulging in them. I had a bunch of them 🙂
I would come up with more cookie recipes. Till then you try baking these goodies 🙂
Let’s make eggless coconut cookie recipe:
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Also, add desiccated coconut powder.
3. Add spice powder mix all and place aside.
4. Combine coconut oil, powdered sugar and beat until they are mixed nicely.
5. Add banana puree and beat until they are smooth.
6. Fold the dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
7. Just gently form a dough.
8. Now make small marble sized balls. Gently flatten and place on greased dish.
9. Top with almond or cashew or desiccated coconut powder.
10. Preheat oven at 180C for 15 mins before baking. Bake for 15-20 mins or until slightly brown towards the edges. Serve your eggless coconut cookies warm or chilled.
If you are looking for more eggless recipe the do check eggless double chocolate cookies, eggless multigrain cookie, eggless jam cookies recipe, eggless chocolate cookies, eggless tutti frutti cookies, eggless vanilla cookies, eggless shrewsbury cookie and nankhatai recipe.
Eggless Coconut Recipe and printable version below:
- 150 gm flour
- ¼th cup banana puree
- 75 gm desiccated coconut
- 75 gm coconut oil or butter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 60 gm powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp dry ginger powder
- pinch of salt
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt. Also add desiccated coconut powder and spice powder. Mix all and place aside.
- Combine coconut oil, powdered sugar and beat until they are mixed nicely.
- Add bananas and beat until they are smooth.
- Fold the dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Just gently form a dough.
- Now make small marble sized balls. Gently flatten and place on greased dish.
- Top with almond or cashew or desiccated coconut powder.
- Preheat oven at 180C for 15 mins before baking. Bake for 15-20 mins or until slightly brown towards the edges.
- Serve your eggless coconut cookies warm or chilled.
2.I always powder sugar in the grinder and use but you could use caster sugar or icing sugar.
3.Instead of adding spice powder use vanilla essence.