Cocoa+Dark Chocolate+milk= Chocolate Milkshake Recipe. This Chocolate Milkshake recipe is yum, light, refreshing and great to have in any season. We make a variety of shakes and smoothies at home be it summer or winter. All C’s are my favorite in this drink. This is a lethal combination and great for chocoholics like me and you.
I just slurp chocolate shakes and make them when I am low on energy. Chocolates are like instant nirvana have them and you are back to high levels of energy. Moreover, chocolates have all the antioxidants which are good for you. If someone comes tired home after a walk, from work, travel, etc just give them and they would be refreshed. We keep a stock of chocolates in the fridge me and hubby both love them. So much that we separate chocolates for both of us like small kids.
The weather is still chilled but you could call me a mad person to have ice-cream, shakes and kulfis in this weather. Any cold dessert is fine with me at any season. I am not sure about you, though 😉 If you not keen on milkshakes then make hot chocolate milk.
This recipe is from the scratch you could also make them home easily. I have used Hersheys Cocoa powder and some dark chocolate chunks. I did some homework before making this. I have decorated my glass with melted chocolate and just tilted them all around the glass. Froze the glasses and my chocolate design was ready. It’s a big secret please don’t tell anyone 🙂 But decorating is optional.
You could use skimmed milk for low-fat shakes but would recommend full fat milk. If you are a vegan then go for almond milk or soy milk instead of cows milk. I have used organic sugar you could use Splenda or low cal sugar if you wish. Alternatively, you could replace honey instead of sugar.
Let’s make step by step chocolate milkshake recipe:
1. Firstly double boil the chocolate or choco chips until it melts. Alternatively, you could microwave on high power for 40 secs.
2. Take 1/2 cup boiling water in a cup. Mix cocoa powder, melted chocolate and sugar. Stir all nicely.
2. Combine the chilled milk and the cocoa-chocolate mixture along with ice cubes into the grinder until they all blend well.
3. Serve your chocolate milkshake in tall glasses and dust some cocoa powder for garnish. Also, you could add a scoop of chocolate icecream over the chocolate milkshake.
If you are looking for more beverages the do check cold coffee, water melon juice, home-made mango squash, sweet lime soda, strawberry milkshake, oatmeal chocolate milkshake, mango milkshake, mango lassi and chocolate lassi.
Chocolate milkshake recipe below:
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp melted chocolate or add as you prefer
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 cups chilled milk
- 2 tbsp sugar Or as required
- Chocolate shavings for decoration (optional)
- Firstly double boil the chocolate until it melts. Alternatively you could microwave on high power for 40 secs.
- Take ½ cup boiling water in a cup. Mix cocoa powder, melted chocolate and sugar. Stir all nicely.
- Combine the chilled milk and the cocoa-chocolate mixture along with ice cubes into the grinder until they all blend well.
- Serve in tall glasses and dust some cocoa powder or chocolate shavings for garnish. You could also add scoop of chocolate icecream if you like.
2. You could use skimmed milk for low fat shake. Also replace sugar with honey or low cal sugar.
3. Instead of chocolate chunks you could melt chocolate chips they are more easier.
4. Use a good quality of cocoa powder.
Oooh!! I think I need to get SHAKING! This looks so yummy
Yeah u can make them and shake them lol.. Thanks a ton.
My friend and I split a chocolate-coffee milkshake at lunch today. It truly is a match made in heaven!
Yeah Tiffany I agree with you totally.