Veganised version of custard apple milk shake with pistachios and rose petals! Earlier I had made custard-apple milkshake with cows milk. This time I tried a different version with coconut milk, pistachios, pulp of custard apple and few rose petahls. Also this is a sugar free and guilt free milkshake. Have replaced sugar with jaggery powder to make it more healthy and nutritious.
There is no hard and fast rule to use coconut milk. You could use cows milk, soy milk Or almond milk whichever you prefer. Custard apples gives a nice creamy and thick texture to the shake so additional cream isn’t required.
Also have flavored with pistachios for nutty flavor. You could add almonds, walnuts, cashew-nuts any nut you like 😉 …… It’s quite hot so feel like sipping cold shakes, ice teas, squash, coconut water and buttermilk. What you like to sip on hot days????
This weekend is gonna be a long weekend monday being ganeshutsav. Most of them have bank holidays so relaxing weekend for everyone. Custard-apple is one of my favorite fruit. I have tried custard-apple icecream, custard-apple milkshake, and custard-apple icecream with nuts.
The only hurdle is to remove the seed manually. What I do is keep the pulp in freezer use them as and when I want. So I de-seed lots of custard-apple at one go. So it saves my future time and is convenient for me.
I was quite selfish this time. I drank them all by myself without sharing with my hubby. Hubby was busy at work and I busy drinking shakes at home 😉 …. I will make and give him the next time I make.
Custard Apple Milk Shake recipe details listed below:
- ½ cup custard apple pulp Or flesh (sitafal)
- 2 cups thick coconut milk Or soy milk Or cows milk Or almond milk
- ½ cup jaggery powder Or as sweetness required
- 14 to 15 pistachios + 1 tbsp pistachio flakes for garnish
- 7 to 8 fresh Or dried rose petals + few rose petals for garnish
- few icecubes
- Firstly remove the seeds of custard apples. Collect the pulp in one bowl.
- Combine custard apple flesh / pulp, coconut milk, jaggery powder, pistachios, rose petals and icecubes into a processor.
- Grind until all blends well.
- Serve chilled in glasses and garnish with few pistachio flakes and rose petals.